Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where turkey's are in hutton unit? I got a quota and haven't been in there in years. Any help would be good!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't hunted there in a long time either, but the FWC staff that work there have been vary helpful and pointed me in the right diretion out there.

CTM

·
Super Moderator
19,817 Posts
Ive been getting into the turkey hunting thing the past couple years and you have probably got a better chance to sleep with someones wife than havethem tell you where turkeys are. Good luck and hope you find some thunder chickens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
GO AS CLOSE TO THE AIR FIELD AREA AS YOU CAN ! HAVE SEEN PLENTY OF TURKEY'S OVER THE YEAR'S IN THAT AREA !!! GOOD LUCK HOPE THAT IS HELPFUL.:usaflag :usaflag TATER TOOLE !!!!

·
Registered
12,852 Posts
I agree with splittine...Turkey hunters and flounder giggers are tight lipped unless you bribe them...and even then you shouldn't get your hopes up. Your best bet is someone who no longer hunts that area. I'll share everything I have...except my Turkey spots..and my wife. Sorry, no offense intended at all. (although I know nothing at all about the Hutton Unit.)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Keep asking around. I'm sure there's some deer hunters who don't turkey hunt that will tell you where they've seen some turkeys.

I swap info on Oakmulgee with a fellow over on another forum. He doesn't deer hunt there and I don't turkey hunt. I tell him where I've seen turkeys and he tells me where he's seen good bucks or found their dropped sheds. It works out pretty good.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guy's!! With so few permits given out and the poor odds at getting one I figured some of the guys who have pulled the deer permits might have a little info. But I completley understand being tight lipped. I'm just trying to have a good game plan established to make the most out of the three day permit!

·
Hell Yeah!!
191 Posts
They logged off more than half of the unit since the bow season. The place I saw lots of turkey sign two years agois now a clearcut. I am going to try to get out there and scout a weekend or two before the quota season.I hope the loggers are out of there by then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts