Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We may be safe soon. The offshore Gulf of Mexico surface water temperature has dropped to 81 degrees. When it gets lower than 78.8 degrees it will no longer support hurrican formation.

The first thing I check when I go online is the National Weather Bouys Data for water temps, then I go to www.weatherunderground.com for Dr. Jeff Master's blog. He is unlike the popular media who seem to want to scare us with the weather. Dr. Masters is a professor at University of Michigan, has a large group of grad student assistants and access to powerful computers and software. So far, his predictions have been correct.

When the water temp reaches the magic mark, we will be having a Bayou Babes and Bubbas, "Got through another season" party down here on Bayou Chico.:clap:clap

Tom

·
Registered
169 Posts
oldflathead (10/15/2007)We may be safe soon. The offshore Gulf of Mexico surface water temperature has dropped to 81 degrees. When it gets lower than 78.8 degrees it will no longer support hurrican formation.

The first thing I check when I go online is the National Weather Bouys Data for water temps, then I go to www.weatherunderground.com for Dr. Jeff Master's blog. He is unlike the popular media who seem to want to scare us with the weather. Dr. Masters is a professor at University of Michigan, has a large group of grad student assistants and access to powerful computers and software. So far, his predictions have been correct.

When the water temp reaches the magic mark, we will be having a Bayou Babes and Bubbas, "Got through another season" party down here on Bayou Chico.:clap:clap

Tom

Lets hope! ThenDoug's Pirate gathering will get a run for its money huh?:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yo Mike,

I never got any of the fish you fried at Doug's party. It was a great party, good band, new friends, salty pirates.

We will have the Bayou Babes & Bubbas Bash at my sister's place on Bayou Chico, west side just north of the Navy Blvd. bridge. I will let you know when, so come on over, bring the family. I have a turkey/fish fryer, so maybe I'll get a mess of mullet and we will fry them.

Watch the water temp.......:bowdown

Tom

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds great to me. Let me know the dates and I'll have the misses put it on the calendar. How far from the bay are you? I'd like to come by boat so we'll have a place to sleep. No DUIs for me. We'll try to get the kids a place to stay for the night somom and dad can have a night.

·
Registered
372 Posts
And let me guess how much our insurance rates will be going down after two seasons without a storm.:doh:Afterall, they went up after one storm.:hoppingmad:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
north side of navy bridge! dang, i can't get the "Lite Catch" under there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
We are out of the woods for anything Major at this point in the season but we could still get a T.S. I check Dr. Master's updates daily too and there is another really good site for daily updates on the tropics. http://www.crownweather.com/tropdisc.html

This guy gives a really good detailed analysis of whats going on, and what the models are saying about the upcoming week. One of the best I've found online. He updates daily.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only 2 more degrees to go! Gulf temp was 80.8 this morning.

We will keep you posted on party date/time. No problem on getting under the Navy Blvd. bridge just come on over to my dock on Edgewater Dr. and ride over with us to Sue's house on our 'toon.

Now I only have three boats at my dock, 135' X 2 sides = 270'.Less 46' + 37' + 25', so almost 200' left available.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts