Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been paying close attention to the remapping project that Navionics is doing after Hurricane Michael devastate our beautiful big back yard. The most recent updates I have seen are the updates that have been made on the coastline from Laguna Beach near Panama City on the westernmost coast of Bay County to the West coast of St. Teresa near the Florida State University Coastal and Marine Laboratory.

I am super excited to get back over there and do some snapper fishing now that the maps are updated. It will be interesting to see where the wrecks are now that were moved during the storm as well.

I found some photos on line so I'd thought I would share them.

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
I could have sworn that I saw some drone footage of St Vincent that didn't show anything of that magnitude on the western end. That is crazy that the eastern end of St Vincent was eroded that much.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These maps were generated by a sonar team that went into the Gulf and recharted the area. I've not personally fished the area since the hurricane. Let me know what you find out by posting screen shots from your sonar unit when you fish it. I'll be curious to see how they compare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts