Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum wanted to show our bucks this year. Mine was 128, my dads was 148 and the young boy shot thus 4 year old 9 out of my ground blind, which made me very happy, he scored 145, he also got a 140 8 pt the same week, he is a hunter! and he loves every part of the hunt. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeDoggyyy.

Looky There......Nice Buck Deers right there, Yep, nice buck deers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yazoo county central ms. along the big black river, our rut is mid december and usually ends early january, all deer but the smallest were 4 mine was 3.

·
Super Moderator
28,604 Posts
Big ole jokers right there!!! Congrats to ya'll!!!!

Good job on the pics, but when you post them---hit enter/return after each pic so they will load up and down and not to the left....

:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You! Like I said i am new and still learning, the funny part to my buck is I missed him twice the day before! once at 8 andthen at 11chasing a doe both times the next day he was also with a doe but she was feeding on acorns and he got whacked!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have heard there are some really good deer up in that area from the drivers i used to hire from over in that area of MS...your pics are proof of this! Awesome bucks! Congrats to you all! (and welcome to the forum) :usaflag

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks and it can be dangerous at night sometimes.

It is weird for me to read all of the post from al. and fla.

about the rut happening now and into feburary??? that

is amazing that 150 miles would make that much difference.

good luck to all of yall down south as we are in doe managament

at this point, hope to post this weekend about that.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,549 Posts
Nice bucks... That middle buck is awesome looking.

150 miles.... When we hunted in Houston Co. Alabama we had 2 leases. First 1 was over on the river near the Farley Nuclear Plant and the rut was 2nd week of December. Latest I killed a buck chasinga doe on that lease was December 31st.Our other lease was on the West side of Dothan near Clayhatcheeright on theChoctowhatchee River.Rut there was 3rd week of January. We killed them out to the last day.Leases were about40miles apart (as a crow flies) and two totally different ruts...in the same county. Those were the days. My uncle, who lived in Dothan, moved to North Al and we decided not to make that far of a drive every weekend so we gave them up....boy do I regret that one! Huntone rut and take a week or so off and get after it again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes he was palmated on that side for some reason? almost 8 inches between his g2 and g3. Not uncommon for that area but usually both sides will be pretty even, I guess he didnt read the manual? Short tine lenght killed his score a 148.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts