Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going as a guest this Saturday to a club in Molino. I only go deer hunting about once a year so I want to get the most bang for my buck or buck for my bang. Wichever, I was wondering if at this time of year what would be the best gadgets to take and use from the tree. Grunt? Bleet? Doe P? Doe in heat P? All of the above or a combination of some or none at all. Im sure it depends on where the deer are at in there cycles of the rut or pre-rut. Any advice????? Thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
grunt, pee, and rifle...you should be good...grunts also do a bleat, just move the band up and make a higher pitch...By the way, we need to go fishing when the spring hits...and catch some channels and flats...:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I hunt in Molino also, the deer are coming to corn or green food plots readily and the bucks are just starting to look for does. If you can dump some corn where you'll be hunting a few days before, that might bring some deer in.

I would bring rattling bag and grunt, probably too early for the bleat can, but with this cold weather, it probably wouldn't hurt to try that. I would do some light rattling and grunting, and maybe a few estrous bleats, plus put some tarsal or dominant buck scent down.

Good Luck.

Ed

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
a good cover scent and a rifle. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts