Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s right off a number blackwater management area road and it’s well inside the still hunt WMA map. I pass a green sign that is posted blackwater management area as I was going into that area. And there’s no posted private property signs no trespassing etc… anywhere. It’s definitely not fresh corn stalks. It’s all old and dead and a lot of tall grass and weeds growing up in it.

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
There are a few areas they do plant corn. I'm not giving up the locations. You will hardly ever kill a buck on any of the planted fields in blackwater. Heck. You wont see to many doe on them eithier. Go get off the back side of them at least 100 yards.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are a few areas they do plant corn. I'm not giving up the locations. You will hardly ever kill a buck on any of the planted fields in blackwater. Heck. You wont see to many doe on them eithier. Go get off the back side of them at least 100 yards.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.
Thanks now I don’t feel like a felon lol.

·
Registered
14,963 Posts
Reminds me of a club I was in once. Everybody had 100 acres and there were 8 plots/ areas that anyone could sign out. Problem was, only a few people knew where the spots were. 4 or 5 (local) guys volunteered to plant them but never on club work days. Lol. It was so dang messed up!

·
Registered
184 Posts
It’s corn and it’s public land. They planted millet, wheat and corn on that one field in multiple rows. I wouldn’t bother hunting food plots in backwater for any type of game and if that’s the plot I’m thinking it is, there’s not really anywhere to go around it.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Most of the dove fields are on that road off Munson Hwy that goes to the stables.
There are 4 or 5 fields north of SR4 in the general hunt area. All the fields south of 4 are in the field trial area. No modern weapons allowed for deer hunting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts