Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seas are still shitty, and I don't feel like cleanin up the boat from all the tuna I WOULD have killed this weekend. So I'm finally gettin to go shoot some derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!! Who else is going?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll be out in Cantonment in the morning, possibly at Blackwater for the evening. Can't wait for this darn heat to break so we can get some cool days on stand!!

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Does shooting roaches and rats with the nail gun while framing walls count, If so I'll be out there all weekend. Hunt still on for Dec. 8-9, and is it full? Good to here from you Woody and good luck.

4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jaster (10/19/2007)Does shooting roaches and rats with the nail gun while framing walls count, quote]

hell ya that counts, that's badass. does the nailgun come with sights?!!!

nice little weekend to hunt. nice weather, but just not a lot movin at my place. managed to kill a perfect eating sized, 90# doe. 1 down, 19 left to go, according to our wildlife biologist

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
No sights for the nail gun, YET! Glad to here you got a little meat in the freezer. Is the hunt still on for the weekend of Dec. 8-9?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
went to Perdido River WMA this morning to do a lil scouting.. walked down a old road that ended at a grown up food plot.. 3 does standing on the field feeding so i ran(literally) back to the truck, grabbed the bow, ran half way back, stopped pulled everything out of my pockets, and snuck the rest of the way back. got to the field and they were in a lil different place, farther away. prolly 50 yards or so, too far, so i stalk a lil down the tree line while their noses are in the grass. got to about 35yrds and the closest one pops her head up. i wait it out until she looks back down. start to draw and she pops back up again. i figured "screw it" so i finished drawing. she didntbolt but started heading for the tree line. she looked to be about 40 yrds when i put it right below her back and let it fly. jumped the string, arrow sailed just barely over her back and she and her friends ran off into the woods. but it gets worse!! i walk up to find my arrow and found out why they were chillin in the open field at 1100. CORN CORN CORN!! some idiot had corned it up and put a lock on in a oak tree on the edge of the field!! SERIOUSLY, if youre gonna hunt illegally you should prolly try a lil harder to hide it... this was right out in the open. anyone who walked to the field would see it easily. some people are just plain stupid!! anyways, grabbed my arrow and got the hell out of there as quick as my lil legs would take me... gonna go to my private property this afternoon.

·
Registered
340 Posts
jaster

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl8_lblFullMessage>Does shooting roaches and rats with the nail gun while framing walls count, If so I'll be out there all weekend. Hunt still on for Dec. 8-9, and is it full? Good to here from you Woody and good luck. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

only if they are boone & crocket, got to let the small ones walk. jason

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
hoopdid (10/19/2007)I'll be out in Cantonment in the morning, possibly at Blackwater for the evening. Can't wait for this darn heat to break so we can get some cool days on stand!!
If the cool front that just came through makes it down that will be very soon. It dropped 25 degrees today. SWEEEET.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts