Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in Florida I am having to take a hunters safety course in order to get my license. (I usually hunt in Alabama and Tennessee on family property) So I have completed the online portion, and have scheduled the two nights that I have to go to take the written portion blah blah blah...

My question is I was told we would be doing a "range" session to see how to safely control a firearm etc. I mean no disrespect toward this process, anyone that has never hunted or brought up around firearms should know this too...

But I am participating in all of this at the Bass Pro Shop in Destin, the written part I can understand. But where the hell are we going to fire off a few rounds at the Bass Pro Shop in Destin...???

Can anyone tell me what is going on here.. lol? :blink:

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,381 Posts
Hmmm, why don't you call Destin Bass Pro and ask?
But I'm sure they have a small shooting range there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i did my class in pensacola and was at woodam middle school.the range day was seperate at quintet shooting range. im sure thier going to a range because they have you shoot lots of diffrent weapons including a bow.honestly the course was fun cause couple of older guys very funny and easy going. they should tell you the day of course where range day will be.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called the Bass Pro Shop, they said that the class portion would be there but the shooting portion would be in the parking lot and we would be using air soft/pellet guns as well as laser pointers.. lol I'm not sure how true this is but if so this freaking halarious!!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
wow

I took mine last year even though I am well over the age limit for needing one. I took mine in santa rosa county and the firearm portion was done at the quin range. It sounds crazy and most of it will be boring but you will actually learn something. I took mine so I could use it to get my concealed weapons permit. we shot actual guns at actual targets though. first time I ever shot skeet and got three of three. now I have to try duck hunting(as if I don't spend enough money on deer hunting)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Typically Florida does not offer many courses in the Panhandle so I took my son to Alabama for his course. It was a joke. The written part was mostly crap that had nothing to do with hunting and firearm safety. The "range" day we took the written exam and watched a guy use a climbing tree stand with a safety belt and identified a bolt action, semi auto and a shotgun by pointing at the appropriate weapon when asked which was which. Enlightening program!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually do not doubt that I will learn something, I look forward to it... I just thought it was a joke about doing it in the Bass Pro Shop in Destin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts