Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there somewhere to donate deer meat at in pensacola. Saw this on another site and got me think about donate.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Who would they feed it to around here? The bums that beg for changeto buybeer are the only "homeless" I ever see around Pensacola.

I'm not trying to insensitive, but I just don't ever see the preverbial family living out of their car. It's always somebum that chooses to get drunk and sleep in the bushes instead of getting a job.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P-cola_Native (9/26/2008)Who would they feed it to around here? The bums that beg for changeto buybeer are the only "homeless" I ever see around Pensacola.

I'm not trying to insensitive, but I just don't ever see the preverbial family living out of their car. It's always somebum that chooses to get drunk and sleep in the bushes instead of getting a job.
I can under stand what you are talking about, but I dont think the food is just for bum as you call them, it is for any body that is will to go and get it. Cost of liveing is going up but wages are not.I guess whatI am saying is if i have to feed 10 people that dont need to feed 2 peoplethat really deos need it then it worth it.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
simpleman (9/26/2008)
P-cola_Native (9/26/2008)Who would they feed it to around here? The bums that beg for changeto buybeer are the only "homeless" I ever see around Pensacola.

I can under stand what you are talking about, but I dont think the food is just for bum as you call them, it is for any body that is will to go and get it. Cost of liveing is going up but wages are not.I guess whatI am saying is if i have to feed 10 people that dont need to feed 2 peoplethat really deos need it then it worth it.
I agree totally. I was just imagining donating a deer to a soup kitchen or whatever, and all the bums that live in the woods behind my house and drink quarts of beer all day would be the only ones getting to eat it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
simpleman (9/26/2008)Is there somewhere to donate deer meat at in pensacola. Saw this on another site and got me think about donate.
Yeah, me. At the rate I was knocking them down last year {none} I'm going to starve to death. Seriously though, If you ever need to give one away or don't have time to clean it holler at me. I try to put 4-5 a year up and my sister and a few family members can always use a hand. Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geronimo (9/26/2008)
simpleman (9/26/2008)Is there somewhere to donate deer meat at in pensacola. Saw this on another site and got me think about donate.
Yeah, me. At the rate I was knocking them down last year {none} I'm going to starve to death. Seriously though, If you ever need to give one away or don't have time to clean it holler at me. I try to put 4-5 a year up and my sister and a few family members can always use a hand. Thanks.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Well I am not in the habit of killing somethingI don?t plan on cleaning. But me and my dad kill between 10 to 16 a year most of themdoe's trying to thin the herd. But we can only hold about 12 in are freezer got a buddy that will take allI can give him he use to come kill them his self{ jason aka Jaster}. Geronimo, If I haveany meatI cant placeI willP.M you I always age my deer a week so there will be plenty of time to get a hold of you

·
Registered
181 Posts
I/we have been looking for a place to donate such as hunters for the hungry. It's pretty big and very well known in Kentucky but when I'm there I am not pulling the trigger on anything thats not gonna cost me about $425 at Chad Coopers unless I lie and say Tennessse then its only $400:shedevil and KY , so I have read, has the most balanced sex ratio amoung their deer herd in the USA so I hope its a good while or never before I need to thin the does there. If that happens I am gonna have to get depervation permits to do that and probably learn to be a LOT more proficent with a bow or crossbow.

Anyways, In Walnut Hill as most know the sex ratio is not quite as balanced I guess one could say. We have a pretty sizeable piece of property with only 4 hunters and 2 are from out of town so we have our work cut out for us each year. As far as anyone who would like venison and doesn't mind cleaning them, if a simple (logistically) agreement can be reached BEFORE hunting season to like drop off two and you keep one we keep one, we drop off 5 we keep 2 whole, straps from 3 and you keep 3 and straps from 2. Not tryin to sound egotistical nor disrespectful to the animal etc but its "not my damn land" (its my dad's) as I think I was once or maybe twice told and its his little piece of heaven and honestly last year I never went there once at all cause of this stipulation or that etc. Biologist says you HAVE to kill 30 does but once I shoot 3 I get the plug pulled till "maybe the last weekend etc". I feel we are going in reverse and every year it continues thats two years it will take one day to fix it but thats not the issue just explaining. He hunts basically every day but won't kill cause doesn't want to be up that late and tired for work the next day etc but if he could call and say I'll be there in 20 min or not even have to call, get ice, or anything just drop the deer off and go he would be glad to provide you with as much venison as you can take and probably some $$ on the side for expences, ice, knives, labor etc

Creighton pm if interested or have any ideas

·
SaltWaterDave
1,847 Posts
You know, it's not just bums. Long story short we had to stay in a shelter when I was 5. There have to be places for people whose houses burnt down or victims of abuse to go that need help in the way of food too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts