Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys can answer this pretty quickly and save me a lot if research. My son wants to take his hunter safety course and I think we can take the class together and I can get my ccw. Am I right? We are both in SRC. Does anybody know when the next class is or where I can find out about it. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a similar question. Does ccw count as hunter safety course? Trying to get my bro in law into the woods, he has ccw but no hunter safety course. Anybody know the answer to this one?

·
Registered
344 Posts
For hunter's safety, go to www.myfwc.com, look under training, I think... Do not know if it counts towards CWC. ALso only need hunters safety if born after 1975, unless hunting on military instalation.

If you are prior military do not CCW class, just use your DD214.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,577 Posts
Yes your hunter safety course will work for applying for your ccw. Thats what I used for mine. You have to take the original or print a copy off the fwc website to take with you.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The hunters safety course counts as your weapons training class for your ccw because part of your HSC is gun safety. The other part is hunting info and laws. So Concealed carry classes (weapons safety class) do not count as your hunter safety course. Like it was previously said though if you were born after 1975 you do not need to take the HSC but that may just pertain to original local residents that live here through that time so you may want to check it out if you moved here after that year.

The hunters safety course will more than likely cost well enough more than just a weapons safety class so if you don't need it you may want to opt for the lesser price. I believe you can still sit in as a parent with your son though so you can learn and make it a father son thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts