Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had hummingbirds show up yet. I put my feeder out two weeks ago and haven't seen one yet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes, Perdido key area. They are feeding on Pinta, Salvia, Hibiscus, Red buckeye, and hard on the Shrimp plants. We have a feeder up, but yet to see one on it. Started seeing them about a week ago. (this report 3/30).
Shipoke

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Haven't seen any this far northwest yet either. Surely Pcola has got some by now! Wish we did. 76036.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
729 Posts
My regular nesting pair over the last 3 years is back again, first noticed the male over 3 weeks ago, then started seeing the female in the last week. Nichols Lake -East Milton

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I haven't seen any in Milton yet but the feeder level has dropped about half an inch. They may be coming while i'm at work.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,776 Posts
None over this way. I am seeing dead birds in my yard tho, 5 already? Maybe they had the virus or bird flu?
Seriously, I picked up 2 last week, then 2 more a couple days later, then another, and 1 this morning.
Not sure whats killing them, maybe the bird feed? It's fresh bought tho.
Hope it's not getting the hummingbirds too.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
There are less chickadees and wrens than usual at my feeder this time of year. Still seeing male and female Cardinals and a Brown Thrush. Also I have seen several female hummers and one bright red throated male. Bird watching is my relief from the bad news going on and keeping my distance. I hope it isn't the seed. I just bought a bag of sunflower seed less than a month ago and I keep it airtight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts