Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Hummingbirds

3K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  flappininthebreeze 
#1 ·
Has anyone had hummingbirds show up yet. I put my feeder out two weeks ago and haven't seen one yet.

#10 ·
None over this way. I am seeing dead birds in my yard tho, 5 already? Maybe they had the virus or bird flu?
Seriously, I picked up 2 last week, then 2 more a couple days later, then another, and 1 this morning.
Not sure whats killing them, maybe the bird feed? It's fresh bought tho.
Hope it's not getting the hummingbirds too.

#12 ·
There are less chickadees and wrens than usual at my feeder this time of year. Still seeing male and female Cardinals and a Brown Thrush. Also I have seen several female hummers and one bright red throated male. Bird watching is my relief from the bad news going on and keeping my distance. I hope it isn't the seed. I just bought a bag of sunflower seed less than a month ago and I keep it airtight.

#17 ·
The day after Sally, I started seeing them all around the remaining bottle brushes.

#20 ·
Up in cantonment and had 2 hanging out daily about 15 days before sally. I was surprised the morning after while I was checking out the damage, one came within 6 feet and didn’t care if I was there. They were still here this morning. Might have to break out the good camera this weekend see if I can get some shots of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
A couple of days after the storm when I was cutting trees off an old couples house, I saw 4 hummingbirds feeding on what was left of their "Bottle-Brush" flowers. They said they used to flock their yard when all the flowers were still on the trees bushes. They had about 12 or 15 of them planted on the sides and back property lines.
Thinking of ordering some thru Michigan Bulb Co., for spring planting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.