Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this or another helix series?

I've narrowed my choice between lowrance 7 hdi & hummingbird Helix 5 si.
Any input on these.

Normal inshore, bay, river fishing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I had a Humminbird 597 CI HD and a buddy of mine had a comparable Lowrance unit HDS5- I think). After a fair amount of experience with both- I'd probably chose a Lowrance unit if I was choosing between the two. The interface was nicer and the sonar just seemed to perform better. To be fair, I thought the GPS functionality was a little better on the Humminbird.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I have the lowrance and 7 hdi and its a pretty nice machine. i'm still trying to figure some of the settings out but i get better each time i use it. never had a humminbird.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lowrance 7 HDI

If you decide on the Lowrance i have one brand new still in the box with reciept. I got it for Christmas and do not need it. Call me and i can save you a few dollars. 850-261-4926 Mike

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you decide on the Lowrance i have one brand new still in the box with reciept. I got it for Christmas and do not need it. Call me and i can save you a few dollars. 850-261-4926 Mike
Mike;

Didn't see your post in time to ask about cost, got my new HDI 7 yesterday. Caught it on sale. Can't wait for the rain to stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts