Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Humminbird Matrix 67 and need some help getting a transducer for it...any idea's?

I have the GPS antenna but without the transducer it just goes into the simulater mode only.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Figure out the transducer number and google it. I am sure you will find one somewhere. I found one online that way about a month ago and it was $40 cheaper than humminbird was. It wasbrand new in the package.

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
I have a brand new Humminbird transducer thats never been out of the box Ill let you have for $75. Think I paid $100 for it a few months ago.

XHS 9 HDSI 180 T

Part # 710201-1

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found this: http://www.unbeatablesale.com/cw28668.html?srccode=cii_11138&cpncode=18-44191555-2

I have a tranducer but the end has been cut off so it's just bare wires on the end that plugs in to the fishfinder.

So I don't know if it works or if replacing it will make my Matrix67 work correctly.

Is their anybody willing to let me plug it up with their tranducer to test it??

I can bring the unit to you and power it off a hand held battery so you would have to break down yoursetup..I just need to test it before dumping some unnecessary cash into this thing, if it turns out not to work correctly.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anybody know how to get the GPS to work on this unit...says it's not installed but know the unit is setup for it.

Do I just need to replace the antenna? (AS-GR16 GPS Antenna Receiver)

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stopped in at George's Marine Electronics today but the don't do the Huminbird...Argh!

Anyway still wonderring if this thing will perk up with an antenna hooked up to it.

"Help"

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

Just pulled the antenna apart and found massive corosion inside, will need another for sure..anybody have one..willing to sell?

Don't understand why they would design an antenna with the electronics in the head, think they would put it in the water tight body of the fish finder and keep it a little safer than that..but oh'well. Best deal I have found so far: http://www.anchorexpress.com/HUMMINBIRD-AS-GR16-12-GPS-Antenna-p/406340-1.htm

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW: Thank you Capt. Barrow from Fairhope,Al for the daul transducer.:bowdown

The fish finder part of this thing is working.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hydro Therapy 2 (10/15/2009)Update:

Just pulled the antenna apart and found massive corosion inside, will need another for sure..anybody have one..willing to sell?

Don't understand why they would design an antenna with the electronics in the head, think they would put it in the water tight body of the fish finder and keep it a little safer than that..but oh'well. Best deal I have found so far: http://www.anchorexpress.com/HUMMINBIRD-AS-GR16-12-GPS-Antenna-p/406340-1.htm[/quote]

Ordered one this morning...can't wait to check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts