Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our old boat took a beating during Sally. Was tough to find someone with time or room to repair her. Finally got with Saunders Marine in Orange Beach (the one at Orange Beach Marina). They did a great job, she's never looked better.
Also had the trailer rebuilt at Wilson Trailers of Co Rd 12, Orange Beach. Also a great job.
A couple of before and after pics.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
couple more

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Fat Bottom Girl looking good Phillip. I'm with the leave her clean crowd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, boat ooks great! I've got some similar work I should have done. Not hurricane damage, so I don't have the rubrail problems or pulled bow eye, but I do have a bunch of gelcoat gouges from just years and years of use / abuse :) but man, looks like they did a great job!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
i agree, phillip. looks like the guys did a great job. now y'all can go get those endangered ars.
jack

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks GREAT!!!! I am amazed how strong the fiberglass around bow eyes and cleats is... Looks GREAT!!
They had to cut a big hole around the cleat to get enough undamaged glass for a solid repair. You can't even tell where they cut it. Good work and on time.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was it paint or gelcoat?
Went back with Awlgrip paint vs gelcoat. There were so many gelcoat dings it made sense. I guess all those charter boats can't be wrong. We will see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts