Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have a particularly great day but we did land two very large pomps. The red in the picture is 21 inches.
We were fishing the crooked island inlet most of the day. It was slow so we went to where the peninsula washed away. It was a fish every cast over there but mostly reds, Spanish, blues and exploding ass ladyfish. Kind of had my heart st on pompano and whiting.
Silly willies got the whiting and pomp along with most all other fish. Deviated from willies a few times but just weren't catching fish as fast.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that's "not a great day" I need to reconsider a lot of things about my skill at fishing
A great day to me is meeting a standard I set up for myself. I know what my capabilities are. All I need is mother nature to live up to my high expectations.
My target was pompano and whiting. I didn't do well in pursuit of them. All the other fish I mentioned catching are fun but weren't my ultimate goal.
A good day in my world is a limit of pomps and 20 to 30 whiting per angler. If I meet this goal I had a great day. I am happy with less, but happier with more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts