Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubbard's newest Captain
In my 40+ years of sailing with Hubbard's I have had the honor of knowing and fishing with some of the best Captains in the business. I will never forget what one of most renowned Captains, Captain Bobby Buswell, said about being a Captain, "To be a good Captain you must be a good teacher; I teach the people who fish with me how to fish!"

I have known 'Hubbard's newest Captain', Captain Rich, for many years. I knew him as a deck-hand. He was one of the hardest working, dedicated, mates I have ever known.

June 29, 2017, Rich is the mate on the Flying HUB ll:

Today we no longer call him a mate, we call him Captain.

Per Captain Dylan Hubbard, "Rich knows the fish and knows the boat." He is destine to be a good Captain, a good teacher.

Rich's Boat, the Flying HUB ll.

Think this 'First of it's kind' boat is just for show-off? Better think that one again.

Sunday, May 31, 2020, Captain Rich takes a private party fishing on the faster than fast, Flying HUB ll.

To say the catch was good would be a HUGE understatement.

Let's take a look:

Captain Rich proudly displays two of the 18 huge Red Grouper caught:

Think this gentleman will be back to fish with Captain Rich?

What do you think?

And that was just the beginning.

What a way to end Amberjack season:

While moving from spot to spot Captain Rich saw something on his state-of-the-art fish finder that he just had to try.

His party did a lot more than trying:

Captain Joe, another mate turned Captain, was helping Captain Rich. Captain Joe, now a seasoned pro, is one of the best.

Note the big shark bite on that Grouper's back:

That 'spot' Captain Rich found was overrun with American Red Snapper:

And they are running big, very BIG!

Think this 'First of it's kind' boat is just for show-off?

Better think that one again.

Rich is destine to be a good Captain, a good teacher.

Gag Grouper and Red Snapper season does not open until June 1. The spot was only fished for a short time. Wait until tomorrow when Gags and American Reds will be in season.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
What kind of catamaran is the Flying Hub? Not sure if it is paint or decal but the sides are striking.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The HUB is a specially built CAT built to Hubbard's specification.The had it built for fishing.
It'a all aluminum and powered by twin huge outboard.
Finish is paint that cost a fortune.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts