Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
im sure it would work. you could probably just drill and tap a hole for a sling swivel and mount the bipod directly to it. would save a few bucks.

·
Videographer
1,735 Posts
Have to either mill the bottom of a rail to fit the hand guard or mill a spot on the guard for the rail....then drill and tap the holes....insert screws with thread lock.
The guard is aluminum...so it will be easy to tap.
+1 for just adding the sling swivel is that is all you need.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pretty simple. Just add a sling stud that the bipod can clamp to. Basically just drill 1 hole and put the stud through then tighten the nut. Easy.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im not sure Im gonna be able to go the sling stud route unless Im missing something here.. The bipod I already have looks like it mounts to a rail..

·
none.
276 Posts
Go with a different bi-pod

you can get the bi-pod you need from wal-mart for $40 blackhawk with sling swivel attachment

if you add the rail it will not only look tacky, it wont be as solid, the stud is like $5 at any walmart (packaged for shotguns usually)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have did this to several of that type of hand G./ If you put a stud in you will need to put a steel backer on the stud. the al. want not hold up with a lot of use. then go to Wall-mark get a py-pod to go on the stud. This will be the easy est way to do what you want to do, My 50 cents jj

1 - 14 of 14 Posts