Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all right guys yall helped me out with the scoring of the big 9 pt yesterday how about this one, how wide do ya think the buck in the front is? taken in conecuh county.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
kks (9/30/2008)all right guys yall helped me out with the scoring of the big 9 pt yesterday how about this one, how wide do ya think the buck in the front is? taken in conecuh county.

It is a typical feild measurement of 16-17" from eartip to eartip on deer in the Southeast. That being the case he should be real close to 20" inside, which is very wide for a whitetail in this part of the country. Although he doesn't scoreaswell as he should due to the lack of tine length.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Where did you find the tree that dropped all of those yellow acorns? :poke

Seriously, from pictures you've been posting it looks like you have the potential for producing some wall hangers in a year or two. I think everybody agrees that he's around 20" or so.

4,058 Posts
easily 20-21 inches inside. tines look relatively short though. keep feeding him and take a look at him next year.

we get it....you have nice deer. it's ok to just start a thread entitled "game cam pics." :bowdown

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, either you're on my land in Conecuh Co. or we're neighbors OR this deer has a brother and he's on my land!!!

Just kidding about that, but notice the similarity in rack width and height (or lack of)!!

My lease is about four miles east of Castleberry. You must beclose by.We have the same yellow acorn trees:takephoto

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
193/8's inside spread, exactly.....:doh:letsdrink

1 - 20 of 21 Posts