Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new boat owner since this summer, I've mostly been experimenting with bottom bumping so far. I've tried trolling lures a few times with no luck. <U>Since the new snapper regulations will be cutting down my bottom fishing</U>,:banghead:reallycrying I figure I better learn some new techniques. I have a few Ilander lures in blue/white and black/purple, and a few stretch 25' and stretch 30' lures also. The Ilander lures were rigged by Outcast B&T with 300#mono and 9/O hooks with a hoo noose. How fast do you pull these lures(in mph), do you let them skitter off the top bouncing in the wake? or do you put them on a planar and get them down deep?How far back do you pull them in the wake? I have a single engine, is it better to pull them in the middle rod holders directly behind the engineor put them in the gunwales where there is more turbulence from the wake? Does anybody put egg sinkers or inline weights instead of planar rigs?With the "Stretch" lures, would you use mono/fluoro leader (what # test) , or wire (what # test) ? If you use certain rigs for specifically targeted species please indicate if it's better for grouper/redfish in the bay, or kings in the pass, or wahoo, dolphin or tuna going to the edge. I would really appreciate any help since I'm green.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.