Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok- need some help- last year we had following seas. I was climbing up to the cobia tower, a guy was on the same side of the boat that I was climbing, and a wave rode up behind us and shifted the boat. As it did the two coolers full of ice slid across the deck so that almost all of the weight on the boat was on one side. It was scary. We listed so far to the starboard side that I am pretty sure I could touch the water as I was climbing up. I have no idea how we did not continue to roll and capsize.

Any suggestions on securing the coolers without drilling holes in the deck? Open to ideas. I tried ropes on the next trip but having ropes all over the place on a small boat that does not have much room already made it dangerous too.

Ideas?

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cooler Tie Down kit. $19.99 on RTIC's site or, for the same exact thing with a different name, $49.99 on the YETI site. Another option would be to take a look at what comes in the kit and head to Lowes/HD and get the stuff to make your own.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Reactions: Bodupp

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
I saw a demo of these at a boat show. Two of them held my substantial weight. Pretty impressive holding power.

·
lobsterguy
800 Posts
Shelf liner from Walmart

I used the shelf liner from Walmart and they worked very well. I put the under each of the coolers and I was surprised how well they hold them in place. Cheap

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've used non-slip rug liners pretty effectively for smaller coolers. Not sure how they would work with a fish box but worth an inexpensive try.

·
OSOK
4,157 Posts
My Yeti does not move!

My 110 definitely likes to migrate in rough stuff, but it’s up on the bow and occasionally might get a little airborne. Never so much as I thought I needed to strap or tie it down though. I do find it funny when people bring roller coolers on my boat though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
ok i'll bite on this one. wet a towel and lay it flat and put your cooler on it. Works great. I've done it for 20 years.
Too easy. The ladies (hood ornaments) would lay out on the bow while we were cobia fishing, and they would pour a little 7-UP on the deck and spread their towel on it. Kept it from blowing away when they got up.

In rough seas while in the Navy, to keep our food trays from sliding around, we would put a small piece of bread under the tray. Same principle.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,537 Posts
The rubber feet on my Igloo 55 Sportsman have massive gription. Yes I created that word from grip+traction.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts