Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question - Florida Department of Wildlife states that no hunting is allowed at night on public land. Hogs are nocturnal.

Do I just pay to get access to private land, or has anyone had success during the day?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I've killed a dump truck load of hogs in daylight. They move during day also. Just some days better than others. This is on public land also

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Quick question - Florida Department of Wildlife states that no hunting is allowed at night on public land. Hogs are nocturnal.

Do I just pay to get access to private land, or has anyone had success during the day?
Don't let the hogs know they only move at night, plenty of folks kill or see them during the day around here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't let the hogs know they only move at night, plenty of folks kill or see them during the day around here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I have only been to the Blackwater and Yellow River areas, and I haven't seen any.

I have heard Tate's Hell is a good place to go. Would anyone recommend a different place?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
naww. Esc River manage area is a thin strip on each side of the river for probably 30 miles. Hunting clubs have access blocked to 99% of it. A boat puts you in the game!
That's good info. I was about to go get a tree stand. Now I know I should be looking in a different direction. I've never shot from a boat, so that should be interesting!

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Haha, but that's still T-shirt material! You don't need much of a boat, heck a kayak will get you there if you don't mind the paddling. Actually, it's so flooded right now you could paddle through the woods.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Shooting from a boat won't work too well. It's a thin strip but not that thin. Plenty of walking to be done, when the river drops...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shooting from a boat won't work too well. It's a thin strip but not that thin. Plenty of walking to be done, when the river drops...
I wouldn't think it did, but in lieu of trespassing, I was thinking I could try it.

Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Little bit of history: I'm used to hunting in the mid west for elk and deer. The hog thing is new, and for some reason has gained my interest. I'll be using a .308 or .270 (Which ever I feel that day)

Thank you for all of your information.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Escambia will be mega different for you then. It's the closest thing to a jungle we have here. If you have a boat, Google the wma map and go check it out some time in January, since it'll be then before the water drops back to normal...ish.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Kill em all. You can't kill to many. Jeopardy word of the day...cathemeral not nocturnal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts