Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the best way to get sponsors for a saltwater college fishing team? We are starting up this year at South Alabama and are looking for a few sponsors. We will be fishing lots of tournaments in the spring and possibly even the IFA. Is it best to just email businesses and ask? They can be local businesses or national, we don't really care.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm liking what y'all are thinking on the marketing department. Thanks a ton, keep them coming! If you are someone or know someone who would be interested in sponsoring us just shoot me a PM and we will talk.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,545 Posts
Contact local guides, and professionals.

Sometimes, boat builders and engine guys are looking for people who will ABUSE their equipment to test it under the worst conditions

The SKA guys are a perfect example.

They might even have "abused" boats and motors to simply give to a good cause.

Jim

·
Registered
848 Posts
Does anybody know the best way to get sponsors for a saltwater college fishing team? We are starting up this year at South Alabama and are looking for a few sponsors. We will be fishing lots of tournaments in the spring and possibly even the IFA. Is it best to just email businesses and ask? They can be local businesses or national, we don't really care.
Can you give me more information on the fishing team? How do I join? I'm graduating high school in 3 years and have no plans to go to college, but now I'm interested. Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you give me more information on the fishing team? How do I join? I'm graduating high school in 3 years and have no plans to go to college, but now I'm interested. Thanks in advance for any info!
It is technically a fishing club that will represent the school in tournaments. No scholarships or anything. Anyone can join that attends school there. The competition team however will be difficult to qualify for.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Actually, I am a member of the fishing club at UCF. We don't have a saltwater fishing team, but we do have a bass fishing team that competes in the FLW college series and the Boat U.S. series. We are sponsored by Abu Carcia, Spiderwire, Costa del Mar, and Tackle Warehouse to name a few. We lined up most of our sponsors at ICAST by meeting with each company and setting it up, however some of them were just by emailing a company and asking them about it. I would highly recommend doing this for national and local companies. Also, if any fishing trade shows happen to be in the area, see if you can get in and try to meet with the companies you're interested in being sponsored by. If you have any more questions just pm me. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
105 Posts
i would start by catching some fish, taking a picture, showing a prospective sponsor said photo, and then trying to lure them in.....good luck, (I would major in something related to healthcare as a plan B)

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
dont pitch yourself as just a fishing team! make sure you have community involvement also! also sponsors are gonna wonder what you are gonna do for them andnot what they can do for you....they are in the business to sell things not give them away!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually, I am a member of the fishing club at UCF. We don't have a saltwater fishing team, but we do have a bass fishing team that competes in the FLW college series and the Boat U.S. series. We are sponsored by Abu Carcia, Spiderwire, Costa del Mar, and Tackle Warehouse to name a few. We lined up most of our sponsors at ICAST by meeting with each company and setting it up, however some of them were just by emailing a company and asking them about it. I would highly recommend doing this for national and local companies. Also, if any fishing trade shows happen to be in the area, see if you can get in and try to meet with the companies you're interested in being sponsored by. If you have any more questions just pm me. Hope this helps.
I don't have the ability to send you a PM because I'm new to the forum, but if you would be willing to answer a couple questions, I would really appreciate it. My email address is: [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts