Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Our neighbor has a sprinkler system and it seems to put the same type stain on things.

My wife knows something that will get it off if it's the same thing. I will ask her when she wakes up, if you want me to?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Starbrite makes a Bottom and Hull cleaner or a light solution of muratic acid and water. Wet or cover your trailer regardless of wwhat you use. Use soap and water afterwards and wax the hull good.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
+1 on the Starbrite. Make sure you are on concrete when you wash it. I did mine last year in the yard and killed all the grass under the boat. A good coat of wax is in order afterwards just like SOS said.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
H2OMARK (3/17/2010)+1 on the Starbrite. Make sure you are on concrete when you wash it. I did mine last year in the yard and killed all the grass under the boat. A good coat of wax is in order afterwards just like SOS said.
+3

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get Rust Aid, it comes in a gallon jug for about $8 and is made specifically for these rust stains. Its environmentally friendly soit can be used to get the rust stains off of housesanditwon't kill the grass soit doesn't matter where it runs off. It's incredible simple, just spray it on with one of those pressurized garden sprayers and the rust stains just run off the boat without any scrubbing needed. I have a jug of it at home to use on my boat this weekend or next weekend before I wash and wax. You won't find anything that works better or is simpler to use.If you don'tbelieve just read the label at the store, itexplains how it works and how environmentally friendly it is. Iwon't use anything else, what could be simpler than just spaying it on and watching the rust run off!?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Whichever brand name cleaner you choose to go with it?s essential to put a good coat of wax on as the finishing step.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
SprayNine Marine. Amazing stuff!!!! ifthe stain is caused by organic materialespecially for $5 a bottle. Found at some walmarts and all Academy's.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
are all these cleaners trailer friendly?..one of my fenders looks really bad after a year of using different products....I try to rinse it fast , but still ...wondering what's the best product out there it wont eat your galv, trailer out.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,261 Posts
Another vote here for the toilet bowl cleaner. I have just about a whole bottle of MaryKate On&Off hull cleaner that your more than welcome to have. It is evil sh*t and I have no use for it anymore since my boat lives on the trailer these days. I'll be at the Oar House tonight if ya wanna pick it up there. Let me know.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
+1 for onoff...used it a few years ago after taking the boat to the river and got the river scunge on the hull and sides...sprayed it on and rinsed it off in a min or so later looked like new but had to wax afterwards

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Fishermon (3/17/2010)are all these cleaners trailer friendly?..one of my fenders looks really bad after a year of using different products....I try to rinse it fast , but still ...wondering what's the best product out there it wont eat your galv, trailer out.
Read the bottle on the Rustaid, it's environmentally friendly so I can't see it doing harm to the trailer. I'll check on the bottle at home when I get home later tonight and post what I find back here.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Starbrite hull cleaner is 10 times better than onoff. A friend of mine's mom owns a boat detail buisness, they do marine max boats and have alot of buisness. Well they use to use onoff and i showed them starbrite hull cleaner. That is all they use now. It works alot better.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Whatever you clean it with, finish it with a couple of coats of good PASTE wax. Not liqued. This will help keep the stains off.I do my boat at the start of the season, and once halfway through. When fishing in MS waters, I'd always end up with a stained hull after a trip. I used 3M paste wax (hard to put on) and didn't have a problem with staining afterwards

1 - 20 of 28 Posts