Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few people have had questions about how to attach photos to a post. Here's a quick tutorial to show you how it's done.

PLEASE NOTE, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TURN ON YOUR WYSIWYG EDITOR BEFORE TRYING TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS. YOU CAN SEE A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO TURN THIS ON HERE: http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f69/how-enable-wysiwyg-text-editor-aka-formatting-toolbar-71288/

Step 1: Save The Photo To Your PC
If the photo is in your e-mail, first save the file to your computer, save it somewhere easy to access like the Desktop or your My Documents folder. If the file in Outlook Express E-mail, click the paper clip in the upper right corner, and click save attachments. If the photo is in web mail like Gmail, Right click on the photo, as shown in this photo and click save picture as.

1.JPG

Step 2: Click the Paper Clip Icon
Next, Start a new message on this site, or reply to a message in progress, you will see a paper clip on the top of your message window, as is highlighted in yellow below, click that.
2.JPG

Step 3: Click Browse and Locate The File
A new window will open, Click the browse button, as is highlighted in yellow in this photo:
3.JPG

Now locate the file on your computer, (wherever you saved it, Desktop, My Documents, etc.) and click OPEN.
4.JPG

Step 4: Upload Photo and Close Window
You will now be brought back to the upload window, now click UPLOAD. It will show you once the file is uploaded. Once the upload is done, close the upload window, and you will again see the compose message screen again where you were typing.
7.jpg

Step 5: Place Photo In Post
Now click the arrow next to the paper clip, and click once on the name of the photo you wish to insert. Example:
5.JPG

Once you click the name of the photo as described above, a new line of text will appear in your message, this means your photo is attached and ready to send to the group. The photo will show up where ever you have the line of text placed, example:
6.JPG

Now you may type whatever else you like, and submit your message as normal.

Just so you know, all the images above are attachments so that's an example of how you can place them.

Hopefully this tutorial was helpful. If you have any more questions please ask them in this thread and I will respond ASAP.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Step #2.

Nothing at all shows up at the top of my message window.
There is a window for title above it... that is all.

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance...
Cp

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An, VERY important point that I overlooked. I just added that to the instructions above. Thanks for pointing that out!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Step 2 is what I was leaving out. I was actually opening the attachment and copying & pasting the URL. :eek:

Nathan, just out of curiosity, what screen capture program/software are you using? I'm currently evaluating several different ones and considering WinSnap.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
On the step 5 when I hit the button it takes me to the attacment page. I've uploaded my file, but it doesn't show up under the triangle like it does in the picture. I went to my user CP page and tried to copy the URL but it wouldn't copy and then of course I lost all the text on my message. I had to retype my message and type in the whole URL. Is there a better way? Am I missing something?

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
posting a pic????

Upload File from a URL

Attachment Key
Filetype Max Filesize Max Width Max Height
bmp 150.0 KB 620 280
doc 150.0 KB - -
gif 150.0 KB 620 280
jpe 150.0 KB 620 280
jpeg 150.0 KB 620 280
jpg 150.0 KB - -
pdf 150.0 KB - -
png 150.0 KB 620 280
psd 150.0 KB - -
txt 150.0 KB - -
zip 150.0 KB - -

This is what i see, what do i click on next?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
photobucket solves all the problems....upload to photobucket and copy the img code and paste on here...works everytime

1 - 15 of 15 Posts