Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there a some on the forum that have the ability to fish everyday, and I wish I was one of those people. I used to be able to fish pretty much any morning before work, but work changed that for me.I do get out on short trips locally but kinda save up time for longer trips during Tarpon season and for going to the Keys, which is usaully one good trip in late sping and one good one during fall or winter. But other than that I get to sneak away every now and then on short trips a couple of times a month.

I read this thing alot, and have often wondered how often some of you get to go?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Every Friday rain or shine......unless I'm going early Saturday morning......but normally i go twice a week. Drive from milton to gulf breeze......just to soak a line....well worth the gas

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Even with work, wife, and kids I still manage toaverage 2 - 3 trips per month.

All of my trips are inshore, so I try to plan everything else in mylifethat is "Plan-able" around tide conditions and weather forecasts.

Regardless of the frequency, Ineverreally feel like I get to fish enough!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
As often as I can! 2-3 per month average year round.I try to take at least one saltwater trip each year and hope to move a little closer to increase that number significantly.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I used to go three or four times a week but no with this b/s called school and the wonderful world of baseball has kept me off the water for about two months:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:doh:doh:doh:doh:reallycrying:reallycrying:reallycrying:hoppingmad:banghead

CurtyV

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It all depends on my schedule and the weather. There are some weeks where I go chaseshallow water reds 5 to7 mornings out of the week. There are othertimes when the weather is not right or my schedule conflicts that I dont fish for weeks.

Right now Im fishing every morning. The striper bite is really hot right now in certain places along with a very good shallow water redfish bite.Monday morning i caught 6 stripers all on topwater along with some very nice tailing reds in the flats.

Sunday morning I went chasing reds with the "Pro", Eric Holstman and we ended up pulling about 10 fish out of the flats in East bay along with a number of trout.

Wednesday morning the wind is out of the east at 4mph so the sightfishing should be great. I plan on being on the water at daylight to try and hit a big striper and maybeyank a few reds out of theBlackwater bay flats.

Brant peacher

Tackle Rep

850-450-3878

[email protected]

·
Registered
313 Posts
I generally fish both days every weekend. I like to get out early and am generally back at the house by 10-11am to spend time with the kids unless we go offshore. I have a very understanding wife that allows me to pursue my passion. In the summer, i like to go after work at least one day during the week. I grew up fishing with my dad every weekend so its in my blood......

Nick

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I try and go every Tuesday, Thursday, or friday If Mother Nature let,s me ,Had to much running around to dotoday but plan on Going Thursday morning Good Luck, And Remember If you can't have Fun Fishing Than DON"T GO:hungry

·
Praedator
10,004 Posts
Fishing or Diving, it's every chance I get, which isn't much sometimes. Life just seems to get in the way. Maybe 2-3 times a month. Hopefully one day, I'll be a happy retired guy that gets to fish every day of the week. Until then, I got to take what I can get.

4,058 Posts
I bass fish at least 3 daysa week in the off season (winter months) but I live in OB from late April thru September and during that time, we are offshore about 4 days a week. And days in the middle of the week, I am inshore fishing every night.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Brant Peacher (12/11/2007)It all depends on my schedual and the weather! There are some weeks where I go chaseshallow water reds 5 to7 mornings out of the week. There are othertimes when the weather is not right or my schedual conflicts that I dont fish for weeks.

Right now Im fishing every morning. The striper bite is really hot right now in certain places along with a very good shallow water redfish bite.Monday morning i caught 6 stripers all on topwater along with some very nice tailing reds in the flats.

Sunday morning I went chasing reds with the "Pro", Eric Holstman and we ended up pulling about 10 fish out of the flats in East bay along with a number of trout.

Wednesday morning the wind is out of the east at 4mph so the sightfishing should be great. I plan on being on the water at daylight to try and hit a big striper and maybeyank a few reds out of theBlackwater bay flats.

Brant peacher

Tackle Rep

850-450-3878

[email protected]
waiting on my call.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Before DST I was fishing 3-4 times a week. Now it is dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. So now it is just 2 times a week. All day Saturday and all day Sunday!:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
From say early March thru late October = 3 or 4 times a week at least

From November til late Feb = maybe 1 or 2 times a month! (crazy winter weather!!)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Damn, you guy's are doing good. I'm ashamed to say, but I'm lucky to get out a couple of times a month in summer (March - Oct.) and less during winter. We do spend a lot of time on the water and boating in general, but I have to split that time between fishing/diving and family activites. :bowdown

1 - 20 of 42 Posts