Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably way behind a lot of you guys because I can't drive across town and pick stuff up.I recently bought some stuff and startedremembering the things I've bought or got off the forum. Unlike most of America I've never bought a thing on Ebay.

To date

2 Penn 6/0rod n reel combos from MadMax(for a friend)

Numerous wahoo lures from Night Moves

1 electronics box from Parrothead (via the Birmingham connection)http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=29560&posts=11 http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=29820&posts=13http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30411&posts=20

A free 50+ Manns stretch lure from Reel Feisty ( at the Birmingham connection AKA Hooters)

A free juvenile bow for my son for Christmas fromKnot A Yachtwith help from biggamefisher http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=29660&posts=8http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=27719&posts=14

1 VHF from www.fishing

Numerous trolling lures from Downtime 2

2 electric downriggers from Academy through MAAR

2 6/0 reels from Hot Reels ( Not recieved yet but another PFF underground success!) Sky sent it via an employee to Gatlinburg and it was delivered to his sister that comes to Knoxville weekly.I'll hook up with her next week and pick them up.

A few PFF shirts and stickers

In the future I see a boat purchase but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. this place is really fantastic beyond belief!

So how much stuff have you got from fellow Pff members?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hi David,

Great idea!

I have not bought much off the forum, but have sold a lot of stuff, boats,engines,boat lift, SS railing,etc. I read the For Sale lists daily, looking for some more goodies, like a M-1 Garand, 1911A1,etc.

All of the folks I have met from the PFF have been really nice people. Is it that anglers are good people or do good people like to fish?

Tom, 0440AM, raining like crazy and I cannot sleep

·
Registered
736 Posts
i have bought lots of stuff..........good deals to be found here.........i have bought 3 boats and seven guns off the forum so far.......still looking for more of both!

·
Praedator
10,015 Posts
I've bought and sold various items on here. I can't keep track of all of it. But it's been great meeting members during thepickup of items. I have met most of the members on here that I have met through either selling/buying or doing work for members. It just goes to show what the common intrest of fishing can do to bring people together in other aspects of our life.

David,

How has that bow worked out for your son?

Jon

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've bought and sold here, and like someone else said: I check the for-sale section daily.

I made 2 post that lead to meeting alot of great PFF members. On one of them, I posted a dozen items for free and had a huge response. I wish I could do that all the time.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knot a Yacht (10/18/2007)I've bought and sold various items on here. I can't keep track of all of it. But it's been great meeting members during thepickup of items. I have met most of the members on here that I have met through either selling/buying or doing work for members. It just goes to show what the common intrest of fishing can do to bring people together in other aspects of our life.

David,

How has that bow worked out for your son?

Jon
He's doing ok with it. Its a tad big for him and he can't quite muster up a full pull.As you can imagine with a compund ,short of a full pull is really difficult.He's growing everyday so I imagine within 6 months he'll be dead on and ready for bow season next year for sure.He'll get to go on his first deer hunt this fall with a gun but I want to wait on the bow till he has the confidence and the skills to take and make a clean shot and not needlessly injure an animal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've sold my Jon boat and atrailer

bought my boat, a trolling motor, and a40hp outboardallon the forum :bowdown

·
Registered
689 Posts
The forum is great, with a lot of good people! Hell, I got a couple weeks worth of work going to buy anchor rope from Tom(oldflathead). I've bought anchors, and then loaded up on some stuff at the fleamarket. That could be considered part of the forum! Sold a steering kit to a member...and wish somebody would buy our trailer!

Shit, bought the new to us boat off the forum too! And I see a lot of stuff I wish I could buy!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Great post David!!!.....
I didn't buy this.....but have met a bunch of GREAT people!!!!

I've bought several rods and reels....

calcutta 700 on a key largo rod ....from Buck Hall

penn 8500 on a shimano rod....Josh Rozier

redington 9/10 fly reel....GatorTamer

orvis fly rod....Brad Shults

pier cart

knife ....from Sky

game camera from Outcast....thru the forum

some cobia jigs from Shane Lundrin (B4-reel)

Some free Connor jigs....from Curtis (Garbo)and hopefullysome future fly fishing lessons

and like you....a future offshore boat....just a few years away....(retirerment)

I'm preparing for that all the time!!!!:toast

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Things I've sold on the forum...

Penn 4300 and 4400 reels- badazzchef got 'em

Costa 580's and surfboard- don't know who got 'em. Can't remember his name

Canoe- also don't know who got it

Bottom line, I haven't bought anything off the forum, but I've sold plenty. Great resource...

Mike

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Oh yeah- sold a brand new 150qt cooler to Xanadu. He seemed well pleased with it and it was only used one time prior to sale for a company picnic...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts