Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'm thinking we went ~7-10X caching ~6-10/trip so I'm guessing my buddies & I killed & ate~75 max... Personally I tried to trade mine for Grouper,Mingos, &Triggers at the fish cleaning table... but my crew is catching on...

·
Registered
391 Posts
8 trips, 4 people limited in no time... we build our own chicken coop reefs.. most loaded big with snaps.. they are running off the grouper !!! we must ( I will ) harvest them more than 2 months a year :shedevil

·
Registered
229 Posts
capt. wes i can say me an my wife went about 15 times allways with a limit.With an average of six people on board per trip.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top>

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl19_lblFullMessage>2 fishers on board

0 (zero) trips targeting snapper, <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl19_lblFullMessage>0 (zero) snapper caught.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
328 Posts
ZERO......MY BROTHER AND I USUALLY COME DOWN 3 OR 4 TIMES A YEAR TO CHARTER AND BOTTOM FISH,TO TAKE OUR KIDS FISHING LIKE MY DAD AND GRANDAD DID FOR US. BUT DRIVING FROM TN TO THE PANHANDLE TO CATCH 2 FISH IS TOO MUCH. I AM JUST SICK OF THE RIDICULOUSCREEL LIMTSAND LIMITED SEASONS THAT I SAID SCREW IT. SO I QUIT PAYING TO CHARTER.

EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY HAS A KAYAK NOW AND OUR FISHING IS DONE FROM THEM.

UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT (FED AND FL) GETS THEIR HEADS OUT OF THE ASSES, I WILL NOT BE CHARTERING ANOTHER BOAT. I AM ALL FOR FISH CONSERVATION BUT COME ON. WE ARE CATCHING SNAPPERS FREELINING BAITS FROM KAYAKS AROUND NO STRUCTURE AT ALL LESS THAN A MILE FROM THE BEACH! AND THEN I HEAR THEY ARE ALMOST EXTINCT!!! GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK!

AND THIS IS FROM A GUY THAT LIVES 400 MILES FROM THE GULF!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Three times with four on the boat. Limited out first two trips, nothing on the third trip due to high seas and rampant sea sickness........bummer.....:boo

·
Registered
34 Posts
We fished 14 times for snapper with an average of 6 anglers during the season and never had an issue with our limit.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
None, Isnt worth going.I eat mullet & cobio untill they ban that. Eat oyesters also. That seems to be & coming problem as well.:boo I dont understand the redfish overpopulation & red Snapper overpopulation to be a closure problem for rec fishermen .I feel if you want to eat a certain type of fish , you should be able to catch it rec wise. When is dove season going to go the same way? Deers next! What the hell is going on?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts