41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Caught my limit of 2 in 2009 once.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Seven trips generally with 3 persons. Went to public spots each time and limited out. Tried targeting other species to no avail. Damn endangered species would grab the bait first.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Two times. One time w/ 3 anglers and limited out, the other w/ 2 anglers and only kept one legal fish, Flipper won on the rest that we released.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
ok anglers job well done!!!!!!

thank you for all the numbers on this post and those pm'ed

it looks like the average trips to the gulf for red snapper fishing is between 7 to 10 trips per season with an average of 3.5 anglers per trip per boat.

please no more posts.

please refer to the new thread called...

"how many red snapper do you throw back"

·
Registered
171 Posts

Wasn't worth the effort.to just have to throw fish back all day. I just cant find it in my heart to throw away perfectly good size fish.

I am begining to not like the word science or scienitific at all. At least not when it comes to putting food on my table.

I heard on the news a few nights back that rec snapper fisher went over their quota by2.4
million-pound quota by an additional 1 to 2 million pounds or some such shyt. Now some1 tell me just how they came up with that data did you all report every single fish you took at the landing ? was their some1 there at every landing on every boat and counted them?

Oh yeah and this was said to have been discovered by ( guess who ) scienitific data....LMAO I got some data for them.

Oh and they are called regulaters that them that hang out on the boats and under the water and what how many fish come out of the water.

:banghead:banghead:banghead

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/limits-on-red-snapper-to-tighten/498641/Nov-01-2009_1-01-pm/

·
Praedator
9,923 Posts
captwesrozier (10/30/2009)ok anglers job well done!!!!!!

thank you for all the numbers on this post and those pm'ed

it looks like the average trips to the gulf for red snapper fishing is between 7 to 10 trips per season with an average of 3.5 anglers per trip per boat.

please no more posts.

please refer to the new thread called...

"how many red snapper do you throw back"
Here's the thing Capt. I do not think you can gather data within a restricted season when you are not the one doing the restricting.

For example, if the season was open all year, I would be that more people would have took a snapper trip in 2009. If the season was only 1 month long, not nearly the same amount of people would have took a snapper trip. Some would not have got out due to schedules, weather, or just the fact that it was not worth it to them.

So you can not simply say that the season trip average is xxxxx. It changes based on a variable that is ever changing. The season trip average in 2008 might have been 10-15 trips or so. Who knows. I would not want to base a snapper trip number average on a 2 month season. You need to look at how many trips there are given how long the season was. You could say that there is an average of 7-10 trips in a 2 month season.

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Captain Wes I don't know you at all and have nothing against you as a person. I know that all you really want is 25% of the recreational TAC be allotted to the charter fleets and put under the commercial fishing umbrella so that you guys can fish 12 months a year. This is America and you are entitled to persue you dream. However you do remind me of Epeius. He was the Greek that built the Trojan Horse that led to the fall of the City of Troy. That's how I view your data gathering effort, even if everyone on the forum participated you could only get a best guess average for the people surveyed.

Kim

·
Registered
318 Posts
I made 10 trips on various boats, 7 was with four people, 2 was with 2 people, and 1 was with 10 people on the last day ofthe season. Limited on all but one of the trips and that was because of a miscount. 83 Snapper in all, average about 5lbs.

Chris

·
Registered
755 Posts
3 trips, only 2 people per trip... don't really bottom fish with all the bs you have to go through.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts