Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
man...never thought i'd be leading for most trips during snappers season. sucks i haven't been out buy 3x since.made it out 16 days in june 14 in july and 6 in august. = 36 days in10 weeks on private boat for pleasure. all but 3-4 trips were scuba w/6 tournament days in the mix. average people per trip of 4 total tally, over 1000lbs of snapper. MADE OUR LIMIT EVERY TRIP smallest usually over 8 lbs!!!!!!!(but theres a shortage) theres a few in my signature picture from this year.

I GOT MY QUOTA!!!

well now that i posted, team recess can get on here and tell of the thousands of pounds of grouper that they killed while getting there limits of snapper!!! they're nuts:bowdown

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Mr Mclemore you should be ashamed for killing all those snapper. Have you no soul? Next you'll be hitting manatees with your boat on purpose, shooting eagles and killing other animals on the brink of extinction.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I fished every weekend on Recess during snapper season, and we made ZERO red snapper trips. However, we did catch a few limits of snapper when targetting grouper.

edit - i take that back....i think i went on two trips on which we did stop at a snapper spot to chum them to surface....so 2 trips where we targetted ARS.

·
Registered
289 Posts
i went out 28 times with 2 -4 people and got mylimet on at lest 25 trips fishing mostly pubic stuff i cought around 2900 snapper kept less 200 of them i had days i let go over 300 fish betewn 4 people :bowdown

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
We took our boat out twice this season. The first trip we had 5 people on the boat and kept 10 red snapper, and the second trip we only had 4 people and took 8 snapper. Both trips were finished after making a few downs on public wrecks in federal waters, and all fish kept where over 20 inches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
made9 trips with 4 or 5 people. limit of snapper every trip. we only keep 22"- 26" snapper ( best eating) the rest including all sows are throw backs

·
Registered
127 Posts
Man I suck, only made it out once this year to catch snapper and caught undersize grouper instead. (we don't fish that hard though LOL)

·
Registered
43 Posts
3 times, all to public places, tons of fish, only 3 people on the boat, never kept a snapper under 12lbs, just watched flipper eat all we threw back. The biggest this year was 31 lbs and yes I did forget to buy a ticket for the snapper championship. I don't know if we would have placed, I was just pissed we forgot to but a ticket.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts