Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 19' cc. I am wondering how many batteriesmost of youcarry on boats my size and what type, and how to hook them up. I am planning on using a marine starting battery for the motor. I am going to run my deep cycle battery to my bait well and electronics (radio and gps/fish finder). I am planning on having a starting battery as a spare, not hooked up to anything. I usually fish within 15 miles of shore, both bottom and trolling. Is this what most of ya'll do?Do you try to recharge the deep cycle off the motor during a long day out?

Any other tips?

thanks

Greg

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Two starting batteries, connected to a battery selector switch is the easiest and cheapest way. This way you can charge both of the motor and you have a back up for starting if needed.

·
Praedator
10,201 Posts
sosmarine (2/9/2010)Two starting batteries, connected to a battery selector switch is the easiest and cheapest way. This way you can charge both of the motor and you have a back up for starting if needed.
This iswhat I have set up on my boat. I have a 19' WA and regularly venture out 20+ miles from the pass. I have had to occasionally switch to the other battery. I would not venture outside of the pass without at least two batteries. No need to have a deep cycle battery unless it is solely dedicated to run the electronics or a trolling motor etc... A regular starting battery will run your typical electronics for the time needed while fishing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
+1

I agree with SOS...mine is set up the same way on my 19 Cape Horn.

But I have 3 batteries on MISS MAI. port engine & house on 2 batteries w/switch. Starboard only on OFF/ON switch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts