Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
eating tasty
3,785 Posts
Not to discourage you, but they’re awfully light for vertical jigging if that’s what you have in mind. I made a few, and they just don’t sink fast enough. Very easy to drill, stuck them in a vise and use any metal bit.

If you want to make vertical jigs, clone a few you like in bondo casts and just melt some scrap lead in an old cast iron skillet. I’ve done this is the past with success.

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Keep it up that's how you learn. Use a drill press, makes drilling easier piece of scrap wood under the metal is better on the bitt when drilling. Drill slow be careful when bitt breaks through it has a tendancy to grab the metal.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,087 Posts
I have a heavy duty drill press with a milling vise you are welcome to use anytime

Keith

Drilling lead is not the easiest to drill. The lead clogged the bit and will jam quickly

·
Land-Locked
1,119 Posts
Table knives are usually low-end stainless. Any drill bit would work, it will depend on how many you are planning to drill? 5-20? Probably cheap out with just a black oxide bit. 20-50? Cobalt. 50+? Coated (TiAlN) Carbide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts