Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Hey, just a heads up, you’re going to take some abuse here if you just dump videos for views. It’s not just that you’re a YouTuber, we've had our share of them, and some here still do it. But the problem most have is the lack of contribution to the forum and the entitlement that if I post it here, these turds are good for a few views. My advice is if you show up and make some fishing posts, share some experience, ask some questions, you’ll be infinitely more accepted. Warning, there are some crotchety old bastards here, hope you have thick skin.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hey, just a heads up, you’re going to take some abuse here if you just dump videos for views. It’s not just that you’re a YouTuber, we've had our share of them, and some here still do it. But the problem most have is the lack of contribution to the forum and the entitlement that if I post it here, these turds are good for a few views. My advice is if you show up and make some fishing posts, share some experience, ask some questions, you’ll be infinitely more accepted. Warning, there are some crotchety old bastards here, hope you have thick skin.
100% agree with this. I used to make videos back in the day and share them here. In fact, I was one of the first to do it on a regular basis.
Because I was one of the first, and because I interacted beyond just pasting videos here, I never got really got backlash. Since then, the forum has been populated with a fair share of YouTubers who just dump their videos here for easy views and offer no other interaction. Chasing that dream of having a successful fishing YouTube channel is admirable, but this forum knows when it is being used, so adding a little interaction beyond just pasting videos in threads goes a long way!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I could care less about views.
I honestly just enjoy helping people when I can. IE: Showing people how to get involved with kayak fishing on a budget.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
100% agree with this. I used to make videos back in the day and share them here. In fact, I was one of the first to do it on a regular basis.
Because I was one of the first, and because I interacted beyond just pasting videos here, I never got really got backlash. Since then, the forum has been populated with a fair share of YouTubers who just dump their videos here for easy views and offer no other interaction. Chasing that dream of having a successful fishing YouTube channel is admirable, but this forum knows when it is being used, so adding a little interaction beyond just pasting videos in threads goes a long way!
Thanks for the heads up y'all.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I don't care about views. And be sure to like and subscribe! ;)

Reactions: dclayton97
1 - 7 of 7 Posts