Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kim (11/17/2009)I agree with the Desperado guy that there is a need for seasons as well as bag limits in order to maintain a sustainable recreational fishery. I couldn't agree with anything more. However, I also believe that if a species is over fished then the fishery should be closed, for everyone until the numbers reach a sustainable level again. If I was Mr Wizard and could figure out all the in's and out's and all other angles, I would be glad to give the solution to the problem. I would think that between NASA and MIT and all the other smart people in this country someone will figure out the solution. I hope they do it soon. This problem with our fishery will only get worse one way or the other unless the right answer is found. The FRA is not only trying to protect our rights and access to a national resource, they are also engaged in the efforts to ensure that legislation enacted does in fact maintain our fisheries at sustainable levels.

Kim

I don't think that the problem is we don't want the regulations. I am 21 years old and want to be able to fish when I am much older. Everyone is more bothered by the way the data is collected to make the seasons and regulations.

Phillip

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
remember reading a hge stink about the fra and what they were really doing over on the sfc site.ill have to go look it up

Willabove is the quote un quote to Kim. Please do look this up and enlighten the FRA and me also the rest of the forum as to what you are talking about. I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I really want to know what you are refering to when you say the stink about FRA.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts