Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is nothing better than getting a new rod and reel....I am pretty good at collecting them. My wife is starting to get on me about keeping them leaning in a corner. How do you store your gear?

·
Registered
869 Posts
I made some rod holders that mount to my ceiling and hang the rods in my hallway.

My wife got tired of my 10 best rods leaning in the corner of the kitchen.... lol

·
Registered
337 Posts
made over head storage with 1 x 6 you can make it as wide as you have room.... hole saw and a jig saw or router .... kake shure if your hanging bigger reels you leave enough room between the holes ..... i have one that holds about 18 rods and need another one but im out of cealing.... im gonna have to get a bigger room.... cause you know im not getting rid of rods !!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I built a box outta 2 x 4 and 4 x4 posts. Take the posts and use them as poles and put them vertical in the shape of a rectagle. Then take the 2 x4's and cut them and put one flush with the 4x4 post tops and the other about 6 inches down the post towards the floor until you have a frame of a rectangle. Then I took those cheap plastic rod holders that come three to a pack and drilled them into the 2x4's Leave enough room between the bottom 2x4 and the floor so the bottom of the rod does not hit the floor because then they will go a bit cattywompus. I then cut a piece of plywood out that matched the inner square of the box and used it as a bottom to the frame so I could put reel covers and extra spools on line in it. I was going to put little shopping cart wheels on it from lowe's with the brake on them them but I never got around to it. Works perfectly. Hope I described it well.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
BIGRIGZ (11/4/2009)I made some rod holders that mount to my ceiling and hang the rods in my hallway.

My wife got tired of my 10 best rods leaning in the corner of the kitchen.... lol

You can always move the stove or refrigerator out.:hotsunI have this little calendar pad which gives uses for duct tape. It suggests saving your tubes from paper towels or toilet tissue and taping them together to make rod/pool cue holders!

I just open the garage door, pile them iside then close the door. C2

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
BIGRIGZ (11/4/2009)I made some rod holders that mount to my ceiling and hang the rods in my hallway.

<U>My wife got tired of my 10 best rods leaning in the corner of the kitchen....</U> lol

Now that is funny !!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I keep mine on racks in one of the spare bedrooms which has turned into my tackle room. I have tackle drawers, rod racks, bait freezer and everything in there. Its my little tackle shop.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I hang em horizontally on my garage wall (which is equipped with hvac). I saw a setup once where the guy hangs his by the tip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts