Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some friends that are plum crazy rednecks that say they shoot their sharks with a 20 or 28 gauge.... can you really do this? seams a little reasonable for 4 feet and above. ehh idk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I normally gut them while they are still alive so I can rip out the beating heart. But... You can do whatever you would like!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
We dispached our Outcast Tourney Tigerwitha stainless S&W 357 revolver.One of the crew memberhas some video of the dispatch, gaffing & landing of the fish ..... which is great video, but I never bothered posting it because of some slight slips of profanity. :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
It's great video. I havedebated overweather or not to post it, butdidn't want to spark another gun debate when shark fishing. Let me see if i can get ahold of it, Clay & I will either post it or get you a copy.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Cool. We got dome video of the 2 sharks we pulled in during the tournament too, and me gettin hit square in the face with a baseball bat and knocked off my seat, and other stupid Chunky Love mayhem, but the guy who took it can't figure out how to dump it, and I got to get on him to do it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Clay-Doh (12/11/2007)Hammers work good too.:letsdrink

So do K-Bar marine knifes from Iraq

Funny- I was gonna refer him to your video.

Yes- when I was younger and used to go out for big shark- we'd bring a 30/30 or a 20/12 gauge shotgun. Got to use it a couple times on some big boys. My brother in law got a 14' hammerhead and a 12' hammerhead in one day. He has a picture of him and 2 buddies kneeling on the 14" hammer. The shotgun blast is clearly visable.

Nowadays, I just catch and release. I'll keep the smaller ones 4' or less, for eatin!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Badazzchef (Chris) with one thrust, drives this dexter fillet knife through his head...bull doesn't move much after that...then we fillet it...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just get them along side the boat and start talking to them, 10 minutes later they have died of boredom!:banghead

1 - 20 of 30 Posts