Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Capt. Brad King (2/7/2010) I am in a very unique situation. My better half wants me to be in the woods and on the water as much as possible!!!!! I think it's hard for the milk man to "stop by" while I'm at home!!!

Now that's funny!!!:clap

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Guess I'm one of the really lucky ones. Usually when I'm on the water or in the woods, there is no one at home to worry about, because Lane is right there with me. Rod for rod, she has as much fishing gear as I do, and she has her own turkey/dove gun.:heart She hasn't taken up deer hunting yet, but when I go, a lot of times she will go along just to camp and cook.

Sorry Barry, until you start stocking something in camo, Lane will likely do her shopping next door at Hot Spots.:poke

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Send the women shopping and they will be elated when you return.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Its easy.... I gave her two kids .... freed me up and gave her something to do!

NOT... We are totally opposite, she doesnt do anything I do. As long as I keep a good standing in "Brownie" points then I work my way up to certain free days.... but problem is when I spend time with my friends they seem to cause an issue and I get "OH SIHTS" and lose most of them just like that.... its a tough balance make sure she can do whatever she wants whenever and this way it doesnt make you look as SELFISH!.... They will see your passion and let you do it.

STEVE

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,079 Posts
After being married to me for 28 years, my wife is happy when I go hunting or fishing! :doh

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I all but quit playing golf, but it's because I really don'tenjoy it anymore. My wife don't know that. When I plan a weekend fishing trip without her tagging along I justreminder her that I gave upmy every weekend hobby for oneI do maybe one weekenda month. If that doesn't workgoes with me and lays on the beach. That always works.

Note to single guys....before popping the question notice how the girls parents are. My father-in-law set the ground work for me.In most cases the daughter is going expect you to do what herfatherdid.If her dad has no hobbies and stays at home all weekend RUN AWAY!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a 4 yr old and a 1 1/2 yr old. This past year I hunted in Fort Deposit (about 2 1/2 hours from home). When I went hunting it was a commitment for the whole weekend. Mywife and I had severallll longconversations about it before the season even began...Iended up going about 7-8 times this whole past season. I was glad for the times I got to go, but it's not worth the moneyI'm spending on it. I've decided to move on for now and try to find something local for awhile, somewhere Ican at least take the kids for an afternoon. Actually, ifanybody knows of any openings or waiting list shoot me pm.

btw...my wife comes from a family of four girls and her dad does not hunt or fish. Ithas been very difficult for me trying to explain the passion of it all...lots of patience

21 - 28 of 28 Posts