Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Try this. Every time he asks, decline. Then mail him a fruitcake with a "sorry I couldn't make it" card. Do this every time he asks you to go fishing. Sooner or later he will say "please stop mailing me fruitcakes - I hate fruitcake!" You can then explain that you don't like fishing with him and his "bragging". He leaves the bragging at the dock and you leave the fruitcake at the dock.

If by chance he likes fruitcake, just find another friend. :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Oh Curtis...

Why O Why... did you have to tell me on the forum... THAT you did NOT want me to go fishing with you... a polite NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO would have surficed... :doh :reallycrying :reallycrying

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Now that this post has generated a number of responses...Send a E-Mail (or someone else) directing him :looser to this post. A sure guarentee you won't have to be bothered making up excuses.
:shedevil

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Take him to the Oar House and make him drink about 25 or so beers and couple shots of tequila. Stop at the Waffle House on the way home and make him eat as much as possible. Then get up really early and head out into 3-5 seas that make the gulf look like a washing machine. He will sit on the back of the boat silent for a very long time and probably not ever want to fish again. At least that is how I felt until James got the boat moving again. Man that sucked.:banghead Or you could just say that you would prefer not to fish with him.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
The more I think about it the more I see it could be a very common problem.

* People you work with that you might not want to be around on your time off.

* A Guide or Charter Capt. that don't want a certain indivdual on his boat a 2nd time.

* A family member that thinks they have a reserved spoton your boat.

* Your boss thinking you like him and would want him to go with you.

* Or just a jerk that don't realize you don't want to go with him/her.

Thanks for the suggestions, and the interesting reading.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Tuna Man (6/4/2009)Now that this post has generated a number of responses...Send a E-Mail (or someone else) directing him :looser to this post. A sure guarentee you won't have to be bothered making up excuses.
:shedevil

That would no doubt Work.. thanks Ron.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I think Garbo was one step ahead of us all. He has a "friend" locally that likes to fish and brag about it. Pretty darned likely that "friend" visits the PFF. That "friend" wants to fish with him and Garbo does not want to go fishing with the "friend." Garbo posts this on the forum and gets a whole bunch of people to respond so the thread stays at the top of recent posts long enough to be sure the "friend" reads it. Message delivered.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Inormally tell someone straight up, but in a joking manner around other people...I just say something like... "Man im not taking your sorry butt out in my boat!! You stink so bad youll taint my boat and ill never catch another fish again!!" Everyone will start laughing and that normally works! BUUUUTTTTTT, sometimes they laugh along with everyone and come right back with "Nah man, come on lets go out this weekend, seriously!" Thats when i go "SERIOUSLY, you F*cking stink and im not bringing you on my boat..." That normally does the trick..

·
Registered
437 Posts
The polite and honest will work with most people, but just avoiding them will also work with most people, so if he's not getting the hint, hint a little harder, and if he's still not getting the hintit's best to limit your contact with him as much as possible because he's probably a head case (which the bragging sounds like anyway).

·
Registered
330 Posts
I know exactly what you all mean. I have people try to invite themselves along all the time. What's worse is having someone close to you ask you to take someone else that you have no interest in taking.

And then there are those people for which there is not a big enough boat on the planet for the both of us. I feel you.

All of these situations can be touchy depending on the circumstances. Tough call.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts