Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Drew Mixon (6/3/2009)aw, shucks. it has to come out like this? :reallycrying
Well Drew what do you expect....

You boss me around on my boat. You boss me around on your boat. You boss me around in the truck on the way. I got your text this afternoon and you seemed......uhhhhhhhhh ..... bossy.

·
Banned
470 Posts
Garbo (6/3/2009)
Drew Mixon (6/3/2009)aw, shucks. it has to come out like this? :reallycrying
Well Drew what do you expect....

You boss me around on my boat. You boss me around on your boat. You boss me around in the truck on the way. I got your text this afternoon and you seemed......uhhhhhhhhh ..... bossy.

I think the two of you should sit down and talk about this before making a rash decision. surley you guys can work this out!!:moon

·
Registered
962 Posts
from what I know about drew and garbo i would fish with both of yall...you both seem like such good ppl and quite frankly to old to be fighting like this...from what i know drew is a very giving person(pushpole) and garbo you are just full of intellegence. yall just need to come to yalls senses..do it for the forum

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Drew is not who I am talking about. After Doug (Jokingly) mentioned DrewI (Jokingly) replied, and of course Drew (Jokingly, I think)did too. Drew and I have a great time on my boat, his boat, in the truck on the way and on the way back. Although, Micha and I fight like cats, andMicha and Iare due a round or two the next time we come across a good grassy spot. We look forward to seeing everyone on the 20th.

The person I am speaking of is someone that I have to see from time to time professionally. He's probably not a bad guy, but we don't seem to have anything in common and being honest I don'tprefer to spend a half day of free time with him, and he asked or talks about the idea of us going very very frequently. Of course I could fish with him as I could fish with anyone, but being on the wateris somewhat an excape for me and time that I unwind and relax as much as it is a fishing trip, if not more, kinda like theropy,and taking someone fishing that I don't care to be share the time with is not something that I will look forward to doing. Imagine fishing on your boat,with Mark Sosin.

I have to feel that each member of this forum really has at least one person that they have this view of.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
biggamefishr (6/3/2009)sorry curtis....i'll stop :crying
thats what i was thinking too!!:doh....Sorry Curtis

I have a good friend I've known since 6th grade...and he still irritates me on the water,most of the time I go at the spur of the moment and he is usually busy...:clap...so I just take Buster...he never complains and always willing to go!!!....but he will hog all the shade in the boat....:banghead

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Have you ever fished with this person? You say ya'll don't have anything in common, but it sounds to me like you have fishing in common?? Maybe if you give him a try, he won't be so bad. And if it doesn't work out after you take him, let him know that and he won't ever ask you again.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Garbo (6/3/2009)There is someone that is constantly on me to go fishing, and I would prefer not to go with him or him with me. I have used a lot of excuses and I guessit hasn't become obvious yet, but he is still wanting to go, and he is just someone that I would prefer not to spend my free time with.

I am sure there are some of you with the same type of thing going on, or have had it sometime before. What do or did you do?
Hi Curtis... Just saw your post..... My solution (it has worked many times in the past), lend them some money, maybe $20 to $40 bucks.......... You'll NEVER hear from them again....They will normally cross the street in heavy traffic to avoid you... Might cost a little up front, but it's well worth it in the long run!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck and tight lines to ya,,, T

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wharf Rat (6/4/2009)Have you ever fished with this person? You say ya'll don't have anything in common, but it sounds to me like you have fishing in common?? Maybe if you give him a try, he won't be so bad. And if it doesn't work out after you take him, let him know that and he won't ever ask you again.
Fishing would be something that we do have in common, except I am not going to Brag, Boast and Promote myself over others, and he seems to do alot of that every single time fishing is a topic and we are together. I get tired of hearing about how great he is and how expensive his equiptment is and how much is knows over everyone else. I am speculating, but to me a day in a boat with someone that proud and overconfident would be misery, and time on the water should not be that way.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yea, one of those late night tounge in cheek jab threads.

i feel quite blessed to be able to fish with curtis.

and curtis, with regard to the fellow you are dodging fishing with--sometimes you have to just dance with the fat chick, ya know. get it over with. and you never know what good might come of it.

cheers

drew

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
You'll always have those kinds of people whether you are fishing or not and you will handle the situation however you will handle it. Sometimes though, the best thing you can do is just take them. I've made several good fishing buddies with people I never thought I would like to be on a boat with and atthe same time went fishing with people I like and no longer speak to them.

A lot of the time the ones wanting to go with you are just eager to learn and may get a little overeager to go which can cause the annoyance but like most of us they just want someone to go with and possibly make a good friend out of it. I say if you haven't taken them yet, take em and then make your judgement call.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
<< Fishing would be something that we do have in common, except I am not going to Brag, Boast and Promote myself over others, and he seems to do alot of that every single time fishing is a topic and we are together. I get tired of hearing about how great he is and how expensive his equiptment is and how much is knows over everyone else. I am speculating, but to me a day in a boat with someone that proud and overconfident would be misery, and time on the water should not be that way. [/quote]

If it's that bad, he could be looking to set you up and add your trip with him to his long list of bragging pompous stories if he even catches one more fish than you (or an ounce heavier).

Your decision to avoid that situation is well warranted..........To answer your question,Tell him, from all of his stories, that you are no wherenear the fisherman that he claims to be and that you fish for enjoyment and therapy instead of grinding it out in a competative nature.........In his twisted way, he willthink that your complimenting him, but you will be solving your problem........

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
Garbo (6/4/2009)
Wharf Rat (6/4/2009)Have you ever fished with this person? You say ya'll don't have anything in common, but it sounds to me like you have fishing in common?? Maybe if you give him a try, he won't be so bad. And if it doesn't work out after you take him, let him know that and he won't ever ask you again.
Fishing would be something that we do have in common, except I am not going to Brag, Boast and Promote myself over others, and he seems to do alot of that every single time fishing is a topic and we are together. I get tired of hearing about how great he is and how expensive his equiptment is and how much is knows over everyone else. I am speculating, but to me a day in a boat with someone that proud and overconfident would be misery, and time on the water should not be that way.
i understand where you're coming from, i know people like that, and it turns out usually that they aren't as 'skilled' as they claim, and thus brag and oast and buy the best equipment to compensate for their low fishing skills....

or maybe he is really good and is just a butt,

again, there are many ways to deal with this situation, none that are easy.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
1. In front of my friends this guy asked why I would not take him fishing? Answer; I told him I did not like him! end of himasking.

2. Nicer way,?, is "I do not like to baby sit someone on a boat who has no fishing gear experience fishing or what to do on a boat," The person usually wants you to take them fishing and get fish then leaves you with cleaning and maintence chores. NO THANKS!:nonono

21 - 40 of 56 Posts