Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken to storing mono/flouro carolina rigs in one of those book-like nylon pouches with "pages" of square zip-lock bags. Works great for flat leaders.

Now I am wanting to make up some wire leaders with stinger hooks for king fishing and trying to find a new way to store them that is safe, tangle free and easy to access. In the old days I would just have a couple in the tackle box and make more as I needed. Now that I need reading glasses to make the dang things I'd rather do it at my workbench than in a pitching boat.

How do y'all like to store them?

·
lobsterguy
800 Posts
Crystal Light

Seriously. I use the empty Crystal Light containers to put the King rigs with the stingers on them and then I get one when I need it. When you are done rinse them and dry them as good as you can and then put some baking flour in the container and shake it around to cling to any moisture and prevent the rust.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I use sandwhich ziplocks for the main rig with J-hooks that are tied together. I keep my stinger rigs in a Plano box and tie them on when I start fishing. I don’t tie stingers on until I fish, because I don’t know the size of the bait I’m going to catch until I catch them the day of fishing, therefore they may need to be longer or shorter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I use an old cd holder. It’s nylon with heavy duty pockets on the inside for cd’s that works great for King rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use the 3 ring binder with ziploc pages, but also put plastic hook guards on my trebles. But I'm also in a kayak and space/weight is limited.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I use a piece of pool noodle a hair longer than my leaders. Hook your stinger in one end, your nose hook where it ends up and if you use a swivel, pin it with a toothpick at the opposite end. I normally skip the swivel and tie an Albright knot for kings and just poke the doubled wire back into the foam. Find a thin wall pice of PVC pipe (3" works on mine), slide the noodle in, put two slip caps on it and you have a tangle proof, bomb proof leader holder. A shot of Corrosion-X in the pipe keeps things rust free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts