Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The magnitude of this oil spill might be too much to even fathom at this point. However, I was wondering what can be done to help? I love the coast, and I love fishing and eating fish and looking at the water, etc. I am new to posting but have been looking at this forum for a while, and I guess now is the time to reach out. I don't even know how it would work or how we would do it, but what if we organized a walk a thon. People walk for causes all the time. We could walk from the end of Gulf Shores to Pensacola or farther, or whatever, but I want to do my part, and if anyone has any suggestions, then I am all ears.

·
Registered
10,934 Posts
Atty,Look me up out there.JimAs all of you are aware, we are facing the potential for imminent landfall of a major oil spill. We need as many volunteers as we can get to help fight or support those who do fight this spill.
<span style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-size: 13px; FONT-FAMILY: arial, sans-serif; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse">Escambia County has set up a web site,<span title=blocked::[url]http://www.escambiadisasterresponse.com/ style="COLOR: purple">www.EscambiaDisasterResponse.com[/url],with links to the latest details from the Unified Command Center (Coast Guard, Homeland Security, NOAA, BP, Transocean and Minerals Management Service), projections from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, as well as fact sheets, maps, other documents and contact information.
<span style="text-decoration: underline;">Anyone wishing to volunteer should go to the Perdido Bay Community Center on Innerarity Point Road between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM tomorrow to sign up to help in this effort.
This spill will have a major effect on the environment and economy of our county. <span style="text-decoration: underline;">We need to energize as many people as possible to get out and help. Please pass this information on to your neighbors and ask them to come out and help as well.
This is exactly the kind of emergency Commissioner Valentino had in mind when he established the Precinct Leader system. This is our time to step up to the plate and lead from the front. <span style="text-decoration: underline;">DESPITE THE SHORT NOTICE, I HOPE TO SEE MOST OF YOU OUT THERE TOMORROW.<span style="text-decoration: underline;">
I will provide additional information as it becomes available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG. Out of town this weekend unfortunately. Please definitely keep me posted on the efforts. I will share this info and try and help get the word out. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts