Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Boats per capita Florida or Tennessee? Boat ramp oh shits, Florida or Tennessee? My money would be on the highly educated Floridians.I could be wrong.You might want to call Guiness.Maybe thats the only truck to ever go into the water at a ramp with a boat attached. Or you could do a search on the old forum and probably find at least 5 such occurrences in your neck of the woods in the last 2 years.

Just kidding I'm not that large of a Vol fan.It's kind of ingrained in you in this part of the country though.:)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Since I came off so high and mighty I thought I'd share this blunder from a thread on the old forum. After all, if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15514&posts=22

I guess it's against Forum etiquette but here's a short one.

I fish year round. One winter I was striper fishing and it was probably in the teens by the time I trailered my boat. We went to my mother in laws who lived with her mother in a shotgun house in Alabama the next day for a few days. They are all certifiable so needless to say I was bouncing off the walls and ready to eat a gun by the time we returned. It was dark and15 degrees. I didn't even unpack and announced I was going fishing changed clothes hooked up the boat and left. No wait at the ramp (go figure) I unstrapped the boat and started backing. On rocky top, ramps are usually pretty steep. I had to cut a 90, misjudged it and stopped. I heard an awful noise and looked back to see the bow of my boat pointed skyward. Yes sports fans my entire boat had slid about a third off the trailer and was sitting pretty on the concrete ramp looking up at the sky. I climbed in the boat after a brief tirade in the freezing night and opened a beer only to have it foam slightly as it was frozen solid. I actually took a couple of photos and called a wrecker. Apparently the water on the bunk boards never thawed after I had trailered the boat from the last trip. It was a cheap lesson learned. One little scratch about the size of a nickel just missed my transducer.
-----

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I can see where one might back the truck into the water, but by 25-30 YARDS!!! Wow!:banghead

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is the guy on the shore doubled over laughing:reallycrying or crying. Where is the driver? Why isn't the truck door open? You would think that after the drivers feet started getting wet it was time to apply the brakes:doh

I'm sure that was an intersting chat with the insurance rep.:banghead

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
NoMoSurf (10/10/2007)I can see where one might back the truck into the water, but by 25-30 YARDS!!! Wow!:banghead

Momentum and I bet it floated a little bit.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
wait a minute I saw the guy get out of the truck wearing an Auburn hat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts