Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am extremely open to a non-violent approach. There’s a local cat that seems to have taken it upon him/herself (Not sure how it may identify itself) to crap beside my truck, right where I step to get in and out. It's crapped here every night for the past 2 weeks. I have poured Windex, vinegar, and yes, even some Gasoline on the pile in hope to deter the crapper. No, the following morning, a nice neat pile of sand with a horrible surprise inside…

I know the cat, and don’t want a free roaming Coyote (sooner or later) to have it's way with it, but, any ideas to deter the creature to find another place to take a dumper?

(It's NOT an inside cat BTW....)

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,985 Posts
You could get some of that stuff they use for dogs (maybe cats too) that you put out to deter them to go elsewhere.
Maybe get the stuff that gets them to go here (wherever you put it out), but put it out in the neighbors yard and away from ur truck.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could get some of that stuff they use for dogs (maybe cats too) that you put out to deter them to go elsewhere.
Maybe get the stuff that gets them to go here (wherever you put it out), but put it out in the neighbors yard and away from ur truck.

I don't see that being more effective than gasoline? You're talking about the stuff in a spray bottle, right?

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,985 Posts
It comes in powder/granules and there's a spray too. But if it doesn't work, I'd go to the county humane society, they'll lend you a live trap to catch it.

If you don't want to go that route, the only other remedy would be, if you are driving straight into your driveway, try backing into it. Then your drivers door will be on the opposite side the cat is doing his duty on.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
I have a trap you can borrow? Or some brown paper bags and a shovel and lighter, to take it to the owners front porch. My method would be good bye kitty cat, trap and take it to the owners once, second time......

·
Registered
445 Posts
Whatever you do... don't leave your windows down. I think the cat doesn't like you very much. He or she is wanting to know why do you keep parking in his/her sandbox. HEHEhaha.

Pepper sometimes works but only until it rains.

·
Premium Member
9,610 Posts
There’s only one way to deal with cats.

Jim you know what you must do....

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Put a trap in the back of you pickup, bait it with a open can of cat food, when you come out the next morning take him on a 20 mile ride ,relocate there and he can find someone else to shit on....I’ve done it more than one time.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Park differently to see if that helps, that is all I got for you not doing harm, well except any hot pepper powder in a 3' circle around the area...it will not like that on its feet when licking and cleaning

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Simple solution. Mouse traps.

Set several mouse traps in a circle by your truck.
A drop of sardine oil on a trap in the middle of the circle will get attention. chances are, the frantic cat will trip several of the traps. He won't be back for a while. If you don't want to open a can of Sardines, a drop of GULP! juice will work. Love to have a video of the action.

Mouse traps work for birds, coons, deer and, especially for pesky Otters.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Put a commercial kitty box full of kitty litter nearby. You'll have to load it with a "primer turd" to make it start working. One of his is preferable.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Put a commercial kitty box full of kitty litter nearby. You'll have to load it with a "primer turd" to make it start working. One of his is preferable.
but, I don't want the cat here. I want it to go crap elsewhere. Whats your address? feel free to PM, I'll drop it off lol

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
but, I don't want the cat here. I want it to go crap elsewhere. Whats your address? feel free to PM, I'll drop it off lol
I thought you wanted a non-violent solution.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought you wanted a non-violent solution.

I do, to make it go somewhere else and stop pooping beside the truck... if I got it a litter box, I'd have to clean it out. Not my Cat, I sure don't want its poop... Perfect situation would be to run it outta here and sent it home not to come back....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts