Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guided Mr.Aaron Sago today for some trout/redfish action in East and Blackwater bay. Wehit the Wateraround 1 oclock and headed to a couple deep water areas near east bay. We managed 2 slot reds and a rat within the first few minutes then the action slowed. Weran back towards blackwater bay checking a number of different spots with no luck. The tide wasn't moving much and with all the mullet dead it seemed, that the normalhot spotswere not producing fish. Before heading north tochasestripers,I endedupchecking a deep hole a couple milessouth of the i10 bridge and it was on! We would drop a 1/4oz jig head down 20ft and the second it hit the bottom you were on. We pulled about 30 trout and several redsthen moved on towards thebridge. Thearea around the bridgewas holding a few big fish but it was tough to get them to bite. We manageda couple nice fish around the bridge and called it a day. We ended up with about 35 trout and 7 reds. Surpisingly the trout were big! Most of them ranged from 16 to 20"with several 22 and 1right at 25". We looked around for stripers at dark but they were MIA!

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
Good day brother....glad ya'll got some fish on board....all specs or any big whites????:letsdrink

·
Registered
317 Posts
Great post & catch. My brother & friend of his went out same day & caught very little. Guess they were fishing instead of catching! Did say that dead Mullet were everywhere.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,078 Posts
We were in that area yesterday and the bite was hot! On all the fish we caught, there were what I thought was sea lice on them. They were scattered on the deck where they fell or got brushed off from the net. When I started to wash the boat about 3 hrs later, they were kinda stuck on and had to use the brush to get them loose. To my horror, they started moving again!!! Leaches???? Did you have any on your fish?

BTW, that red sure looks like the one my partner caught, same spot pattern!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jason...no whites. All keeper trout.

As far as the lice... I did not see any on these trout. Nor did I find any worms which was unexpected. I guess it changes from day to day. We actually kept the red in the pic. He was 21". We did however catch 5 or 6 more the same size with just as many spots.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts