Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was another awesome day on Pensacola Bay! I was joined by Liz Decker and her family from Rhode Island. The wind blew a little bit but it wasn't too bad. We started off in the pass catching as many sheepshead as you could ever want, they kept some to eat and for the freezer and let just as many go! We caught a nice pompano in the pass on a live shrimp. The Sheepshead were eating anything that you dropped to the bottom.
We then switched gears and went to find a few redfish. We found a nice school and quickley landed 6 nice fish keeping a few to eat.

I had a first on my boat today, after catching a redfish I unhooked it and laid the rod down on the deck and the jighead fell into the water about a foot under the surface. I hear a noise and look up to see the rod go flying over the side of the boat!! Another redfish had grabbed the bare jighead and snatched it off the boat!! I quickley rigged up a snatch hook and cast where i thought it went under a nearby dock and managed to retrieve it on the first cast. The fish had swam all up under the docking breaking off. They must have been hungry!!
Fish Fishing Sound Bass Recreation

Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Recreation Bass

Fish Fishing Fish Recreation Recreational fishing

Fish Fishing Fish Recreation Bass

Cuisine Food Salt-cured meat Salted fish Fish

1 - 3 of 3 Posts