Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met Pat at the south end of3 mb mid morning. When I pulled up I discovered I had left my PFD at the house in west P'Cola. I drove to Hot Spots to see if they had an old pfd that I could borrow. Chris couldn't find an old one but loaned me a new one. Istored the pfd to keep it cleanand then returned the pfd as good as new. Thanks Chris, you saved me a long drive. :clap

Chris and I talked briefly about the KW prize he is putting up. He said he had a bunch of PMs to go through and would announce the set up later.

I caught a few small trout. When I left Pat had caught several keepers on the fly. He stayedand probably brought in a big one. When the fishing is tough Pat is usually the one to bring in a nice one!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That was nice of Chris, they are all standup guys over there in my book.I am usually going through a checklist in my head the first 5 min while driving to my spot - especially if i hadn't gone in a while.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I went to Jax last yearI made a written checklist. I was in Tallahassee when I relaized that I had forgot the checklist!:doh

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's great that they helped you out of a spot. I once ran off forgetting my paddle. I wasn't to far from home, borrowed a cell and called my Wife, she arrived just as I was finished setting up my yak to go out. Really sucks to have to return home, And you know the fish bite best when your gone.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I agree Chris and those guys are top notch! I'm not much of an inshore fisherman, but they were very did a great job trying to help me understand some things last year. They really have an appreciation for the kayak fishermen folk, too.

I don't know if you all are aware, but a few weeks agoChris and Mattclosed their shop down to reward their employees with a fishing trip to Louisiana before the busy season. See post:

http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/Topic497364-2-1.aspx#bm500921

They ended up catchinga bunch of nice redfish dispite poor conditions. What did your boss do for you this month?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts