Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1016 Posts

·
Mogan Madness
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings folks Headed out to 3 Mile bridge tonight in about an hour Planning on using Menhaden and some shrimp and see what hits! Ill keep the reports constant and accurate

Please feel free to share your hot spot!

-Face

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Pretty cool thing you're going to do, should be cool to see what happens!

·
Mogan Madness
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on giving every detail Current, fish, wind etc what's hitting on what I want people to know what It feels like out there being the weather and mixture of cold and wind in the winter I feel it will catch on I fish Navarre beach Navarre pier The destin jettys and the pass at fort pickens so ill have alot of reports for different areas! Please if you go out throw up a report on here!

-Face

·
Mogan Madness
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah gonna be leaving my house in navarre in about 30 minutes picking up bait and headin out there should be on the bridge around 930

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
What I will say is, be prepared to take shelter in your car... Cold front about to come through, could get pretty nasty for a little bit. May actually end up driving right through it on your way there.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
yea it's gonna be a windy sumbitch out there. Already 15 mph out of SE prob can switch around to North

·
Mogan Madness
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im ready for it I know it isn't gonna be pretty but my gut instinct is tellin me the reds are gonna be out tonight!

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
If you can ride it out for the 30mins or so it will take to pass, then you'll be good to go. And I wouldn't be surprised to see some bull red pictures. When i fished out there before Hurricane Ivan tore the old bridge down, my go to rig for bull reds was 1/2 a menhaden on a carolina rig. Shrimp works too with the same method, I just find that they like the "stink" of menhaden.

·
Mogan Madness
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah they got nuts for that menhaden stink! And that's what im goin out there with trusty old carolina rig and some menhaden shrimp too but mainly menhaden

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
you drive on the bridge on the pensacola side right?
Yep, you can drive on. You'll see the welcome center on the right when you are almost over the bridge, pull into that parking lot. Go around the welcome center, and on up to the fishing bridge. You'll see the old fishing bridge store on the left, and the "pay box" on the right.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Mr. Jaws is gonna like those stinky menhaden too! I hope you catch more redfish than JAWS!

·
Roll Tider
2,662 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Frozen menhaden, or fresh caught?
Honestly, it never really seemed to matter! Redfish will pretty much eat almost anything you put in front of their face.

·
Mogan Madness
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sitting at 3 mile bridge now taking shelter in the car its not too cold out the current is moving east away from the bridge Lines will be in the water withing the next 20 minutes! Stand by for more

-Face

·
Mogan Madness
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lines have been in for aprx 10m now current is moving North east its not cold out at all and the rain is very minimal its more of a mist let's hope for some bites

-Face

1 - 20 of 1016 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.