Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across this monster filet knife anyone have or use one of these sawzall filet knifes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,291 Posts
Not sure bout that un but my mom found a Gladding King filet knife at a yardsale many moons ago fer me and I have cleaned tons of fish and deer with it... It holds an edge and easy to sharpen.

That one you posted looks cool and it being used in conjunction with a sawzall looks like it would make lite work of fishies!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I don’t see anything, I looked on 2 platforms and don’t see any pics, is it just me?

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
I use an old mr twister I have had for years to clean snapper, redfish, sheephead anytime I have more than 1 or 2 to clean. Have been looking at the bubba blade Batt powered, but just got my cleaning station all set up with power, so will keep on using what I have, lol

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I’ve been considering the Bubba Blade electric as well. I have a knives of Alaska steelheader and a silver stag bone & fillet. I still prefer an electric knife on snapper and trigger.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I bought a Bubba Blade 115v knife at the Outcast show this year and I love it, very well made, much better than some cheaper ones that I've had in the past, but I have to admit, this has me interested

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have had one for almost 3 years, and have cleaned a lot of fish with it. It certainly buzzes through the ribs of snapper, sheepshead, triggers, and reds without a problem. After cutting through a few backbones early on, I can control it very easily. It cuts fillets quickly and cleanly, and does a decent job of skinning, but I prefer a fillet knife for skinning, because I can control the depth and leave the red meat with the skin. I NEVER EVER use it without a cut- proof glove on my off (left) hand. I highly recommend it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts