Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LDWF opened up our waters in hopedale La to fishing which was an unexpected but welcomed event. Thier is NO OIL inouyr imediate fishing grounds and I hope it stays that way too. THE FISHING IS ON To! I atrated out last weekend in thew windy conditions fishing th e redfish in the marsh and did really good nice boxes of redfish and drum mixed in.

Family tripI took my wife Angela and family Jacob, Daniel and Sarah out for relaxing evening of fishing Monday. We hit the water around 3 Pm and anchored up and it was not long and the rods were bending and the drag?s screaming. Sarah caught the first trout then Daniel hooked into a Red freight train but he got in the net after several long runs. Sarah was up next with the reel smoking out line and her squealing Then Jacob hooks into another one I was having a blast watching them catch those big reds.
Great evening trip nice breeze and cloud cover kept it cool. A great time with the wife and kids. Limit of bull reds and 10 trout PERFECT!

My daughter Sarah wita big red taking line!
My youngest Daniel 11 got one on the line too.
My oldest Jacob 17 with two back to back bruisers.Yesterday we got on the big trout and slammed 'emm.
Capt. Gene Dugas Rather Be Fishing Adventures985-640-0569www.ratherbe-fishing.com

·
Banned
306 Posts
Capt. Douglas.

Glad to hear that the oil has not hit Hopedale. I've taken the wife over there a few times and done very well.
I was wanting to get away and do some LA fishing and now that I hear that it's ok, I might have to make a road trip.

Fishing in Pensacola has been great also, but as a guide here I fish these waters all the time and sometimes I need a change of scenery, if you know what I mean.

Once again, I've had all the LA captains in my prayers. I hope everything works out OK for you all.

Tight Lines.
Capt. John

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Captain Gene- Sounds like it is time for me to head your way for a limit of big specks. Call me anytime when you think my girlfriend and I can put the hurting on the specks and post some pics like you have in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts