Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Hope y'all can help with damaged Garmin radar dome!

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  sealark 
#1 ·
Hey folks - hope you're well. I need help! Why? Because I'm an idiot. Here's the deal: I have a Garmin 18" xHD radar dome on my t-top. As I said, I'm an idiot... First time I've ever made the decision to pull my boat into a carwash bay, and I didn't check the clearance. I hit the dome against the swing arm in the ceiling and dented the living hell out of it. I have done a little heat gun work to it to try to knock the dent out, but it actually looks worse now. Do any of you have the capability to do thermal repairs to something like this dome? Garmin doesn't sell them and won't tell me where I may be able to buy one. There are none that match currently on Ebay (lost the only one in a bidding war). I don't even know what to do. There's got to be a replacement or a repair! Anybody "know a guy?" Thank you in advance!!!!!

#3 ·
Does it work, but is ugly? Or doesn't work?

#9 ·
West 2 part epoxy in tubes. You can get a flexible or hard setting. If you can get all the pieces to match up the epoxy will work if missing pieces, use fiberglass. Or remove it and take it to X Shark, Bobbie To fix it. Or take boat ove west side pensacola.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.