Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Honda Certified mechanic on this forum or somebody who knows a Honda Certified mechanic that would be willing to make a house call?? Posner and Sunrise Marine are several months out.

I’ve got water leaking out of the bottom of my cawling and I don’t know where it’s coming from. I would post a video but the file is to big. If you PM me your number, I’ll send the video. Please please please help.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. When the boat is idling (on water or on the muffs). No water coming out. I removed the cowling to make sure. Only when the boat is on a plain. I can send you a video of you send me your number.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,780 Posts
No where near certified, but I had a Johnson that did that, almost. In idle, it had a very slow drip. If not constantly watching, you'd miss the drip. At wot, it was a steady leak. I finally saw a drip come out between the head and block. Turned out to be the head gasket was leaking from the water jacket out. Luckily the gasket held between the cylinder and water jacket.
Not sure if a compression test would have helped since the motor ran fine, started easy cold and started easy hot. But I'd check the piss tube/line like Murf said. g/l

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Sent you a text for video. Most motors have a rubber hose that goes from the engine block to a plastic fitting in the lower cowl. Maybe some trash got in the fitting and now water is leaking around the fitting and out the seam between the midsection and lower cowl. Could be many things though. I would say easy fix is more likely than difficult one.

One thing you should try if it is not peeing at idle is take a piece of weed eater string or 100+ pound mono and stick it up the pee tube. Could be dirt robbers in there

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I can’t figure out how to post your video. Even if you are not very mechanical, I would remove the cowlin the driveway and look in every nook and cranny to try to see where the water is coming from. Being well informed will help in finding help

For others, the video is of the boat on a plane and there is a steady flow of water out between the lower cowl and the midsection opposite side from the tell tail as well as a steady stream from the tell tail. 225 Honda

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,780 Posts
wonder if the pick up tube is rusted out or the connector where it connects at the motor? Maybe he can put it (video) on youtube then post it here?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
The flow of water is coming out on the opposite side from the tell tail. After a quick google search I hope for his sake it is simple. Seems like some of the Hondas have had corrosion issues

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, initially a water hose on the back of the engine (bypass hose) was disconnected. Once I reconnected that, I thought it was smooth sailing!! Nope. Next time I took the boat out, I noticed water again! I contacted Kris McCormick (Floater1) and he was able to troubleshoot it down to gaskets on the bottom of the engine cooling system. Once replaced, the engine ran great with no issues!! Thanks Kris!!!

Highly recommend mechanic. He Is great with boat maintenance and/or trailer work. Reasonable and fair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts